Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, January 02, 2009
Happy New Year
-12:11 PM
Its the 2nd day of 2009!
New Year's Eve was spent cutting hair at a high end salon called 文峰and I din know where to put my stuff and look quite blur when I entered so the lady that helped me wash my hair asked if it was my first time and I said yes. So she explained to me the rates. There are 3 rates,50RMB,98RMB and 150RMB to cut hair and I just said"最便宜的"..I could have fainted when those words just left my mouth cos she had a weird look on her face, like if i cant pay then dont come. Dots. I should have just said "50RMB 可以了,like what i said when she asked me to choose between a normal and branded shampoo. I refuse to tell her my nationality though..heez. After that, the hairdresser came and he was the one that opened the door for me when i first came in. Hmm..So weird to see hairdressers and beauticians waiting at the door for customers. I asked him to give a few suggestions and he said to change my hairstyle, i need to perm it. I was like huh? And i asked if he could just change the style with a cut and he said that the change wouldn be obvious. He gave me a book with hairstyles of which I didn like any but I din show it. And he was getting impatient(mayb they are paid by the no. of customers they serve, i donno) and I was getting pissed that he was getting impatient and was rushing me to just anyhow pick a hairstyle, so much so, I literally drag time and took my time to choose and think. :P.But its an service industry right?
I asked him if i could cut bangs and he said i had short forehead,so it may not turn out too good. So in the end, i opted for a cut where my fringe is longer than the rest of my hair..mayb i sld put a pic..and i asked if its better and he was like “就这个吧!" And i couldn think of anymore hairstyles which i like and which he tot was ok, and so i agreed. The cut is ok, but hmm, I think it sld have been better considering that this shop is top notch in the area. At the end, after i paid my money, he just said 不送了 and walked off,totally different attitude from treating the tai tais. Like so what if I am a student..really reminds me of the incident where my lab frens and I were entering Cartier in Takashimaya where the doorman opened only for those who dressed well and totally ignored us. I was quite irritated with the hairdresser and if it wasnt for the fact that I am a foreigner and this is China, I would have told him off. Dont think I am going to patron this shop or at least not this hairdresser again.
I walked to 物美and decided to walk around..I saw J's hair salon and thought that i'll go there next time to try try.Then I walked pass Adidas and they were having New Year Sale!! I saw the water bottle which i lost!! Was uber happy and it cost only 70RMB!!! Wonder if I should buy..Thereafter, I took a bus home.
The night was spent watching 小娘惹 on tudou, studying, cooking Kimchi Ramen(its from the instant pack :P)with white carrot,and finally talking to dear on the phone. There was watchnight service in church from 10pm to 12midnight but I decided not to go in the end,cos i would have to cab home which will prob cost a lot. But more importantly, I just wanted to enter the new year quietly, with dear by my side, thats all.
***
2008 has been a year of up and downs, a year of many changes for me.
1. Transition from Elim to Grace Assembly
2. End of my education in a Singapore University
3. When the lives of dear's and mine crossed
4. When I had to leave for China
5. When I had to learn to plan, think on my feet, cook, be more street-smart
6. Live in the Chinese culture but not learn their bad habits and learn to appreciate their good points
7. Grow up
8. Deal with emotional stuff
9. ...
Resolutions: I never actually make them cos either I forget or I dont stick to them. :P/
***
Off to school!