Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Ski-ing
-9:26 PM
I went ski-ing with some friends today at 八达岭滑雪场。It's my first time!! The last time i played with snow which was like when i was 7+, i only ice-skate at the lake and did snowfights and build snowmans i think. So was reallie excited abt ski-ing. I woke up at 6..actually 610:P and left the house to meet the others at 710pm outside the hospital. I was early..i seem to be early for events that allow me to PLAY. There were 21 of us going together so there were 2 小面包s that were picking us up with 2 different pick-up points.
I slept most of the way and woke up occasionally to realise that we have reached the outskirts (北六环)and it was so cold, i could doodle on the window.

My doodle. Its suppose to be a gal holding a wand with a star on top. They were saying tt i look like a kid left alone to one corner to draw.:P.
It was really cold even though i was in the van. We passed up hills and villages that had snow. It was really just a thin layer of snow. Our teachers told us that Beijing doesn snow as much as before anymore.I saw the part of the Great Wall of China as the van went up the highways. It really looks impressive but i cant imagine the no. of ppl that died building that.

We reached the place and I stepped onto snow after ...14+years..haha. I wonder if the snow outside ski-ing area is real, cos i believe that those in the villages and on the mountains are but those in the ski-ing complex are man-made.


Writing my name. My face is so pink!


Jumping!


My shoes that weight a ton! We went into two lines and walked to the counter to get our ski-suits and shoes and locker keys. I wanted a pink suit, but the person gave me a yellow one. I look like I'm at F1.

The ski-ing area!From left to right:Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Not ready but its the steepest!

PJ,PJ,S,K

So we started out with an hour of lesson with 2 teachers that taught us how to fall, how to brake, how to walk, how to slide, and oh ya, how to put on the slide(i dunno what that blade thingy is called). Then we were asked to get onto this travelator that brought us up the intermediate slope(i wonder why we didn start with beginner). Getting up onto the travelator was a major challenge cos its upslope and we had difficulty sliding up so we used our hands to grab the railings while the guys pulled and pushed us up.

Was going up the travelator and decided to take a pic of what was behind me.
I fell so many many many times. Sometimes i make myself fall cos i dunno how to siam obstacles eg. ice blocks. But in the end, when i became better i realise dunned to siam, just go over it or change direction(which i kind of figured out after i went advanced). I rammed into a wooden pole once and it was super painful, like i was trying to avoid it but it was a slope to i hit the pole and my right knee was hooked around it. SO much for being too flexible. And being too flexible, I fall with weird positions.




Advanced
THen I got bored with the intermediate (although i wasnt good at it yet), and decided to go play the advanced. Advanced require us to sit on this swing (the kind you put between your legs and sit on a round stool) and it will bring you up the slope and you can get off at whichever height you feel comfortable. THe most difficult part i feel was to remain standing when you get off the stool. I fell down most of the times when i was trying to get off the stool and the guard had to come pull me up. Or, I will get off and immediately start sliding downwards backwards, so i obviously make myself fall to lower my cg. It was really dangerous when at one point I went up so high, it was just ~5 metres from the top. I fell and immediately started sliding backwards and sideways towards the swing and the barricade. I had to siam the swings cos i din wanna get hit by them but its so hard when everything on me was so heavy and i was sliding. I hit the barricade, which was actually just 3 strings and grabbed onto it like mad cos, if i slide outwards somemore, i will roll off the cliff. For that second, i was really scared and told God to pls dont let me die and to save me. Then, when the guard came to my rescue (yes, i actually said 救命啊!)i told God to help me slide down safely and everything when smoothly.
I fell when the wind blew at me. If the wind blew against me, i couldn move forward. If the wind blew from the back, i went faster.
I learned a couple of things abt myself just from the learning how to ski. From the start, it was hard to control the ski and to brake and I kept falling so many times and there was no one to pull me up that I started to feel sian and whine and kept wishing that dear was with me to help me. When i went up the advanced slope the first time and fell, i whined and threw a tantrum that made my friends shocked. After that, i realise that that wasnt too good a reaction and decided to 自己跌倒,自己爬。When I finally got up on my own and ski down all the way, at a fast but comfortable speed and brake pretty well, I felt so happy. So i kept going up the advanced slope. I fell again but it was okay to me.
THe series of events on the slope reflected my life in Beijing. From the start, I also kept whining cos I didnt know how to do this and that I should do that and kept wanting ppl to help me. It got to a point when I realised that daddy isnt here and dear is not here and that I had to learn to think on my feet. It was only then that things became better and I was so proud of myself(hee..) when I could do everything by myself.
I realise I tend to whine and need ppl to help me..its something i really wanna change. As in, to stop whining cos it doesn help and its irritating and to be able to be more independent. :)


I thank God for preserving my life so many many times.
***
I made mushroom soup from scratch!

Butter and Milk.

Some of my soup evaporated. Haha. It taste really good except it wasnt thick enough. I'll do better the next round!

XiaoBaiCai

Free. A promotion gimmick from some firm that wants to sell da zao. It taste very nice though. I'm buying 5 packs,not for myself lahh..