Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, December 05, 2008
My 1st birthday in Beijing.281108
-10:56 AM
My first birthday overseas was prob when i was in Edinburgh for a year. But I had my parents with me.
On 27/11,1130pm, the room-mate asked for the acupunture man and so I hurried to pass the man to her and all i saw was her holding this thing at the doorway:

Bread with a half-melted candle.and she wished me Happy birthday! So I took it and said thanks and wanted to pass her man and asked her how did she know it was my birthday. She said Feng U told her and I raised my eyebrows cause I know Feng U nv rmb dates too well. and so she said PJ told Feng U and Feng U told her. Then I believed cause if anyone rmb, it would be PJ. I thought she only had that little bread but no, she had bought a cake! She saw on FB that my birthday was coming up and PJ-F told her thru msn.
The funniest thing was, today was my turn to cook actually so i had called her to ask if there were onions at home when i was in the minimart in my estate. She was outside the minimart. When i bought my stuff, I walked towards my block and saw here with a CAKE-BOX walking infront of me. haha, I thought mayb i'll run up and walk with her but i was lazy with my barang barangs. So she went up the lift then me.
When she heard me turn the key at the door, she panicked inside cause she didnt expect me to reach home so quickly. So, while i was fidling with the door, she grab te cake and brought it to the kitchen and in desperate, she put it into ...the WASHING MACHINE. and she stayed in the kitchen to prevent me from entering. She then went into the toilet and i went into the kitchen to put my stuff. She was half-panicking still, cos she forgot to close the washing machine. But i didnt notice anyway. I was just wondering why she was taking so long in the kitchen and toilet. ahah. Then, i went to my room and called the water dispenser guy cos i needed water to cook. My head was bended and she took her bag and jacket and went back to the kitchen, hid the cake box under her jacket and WALKED PAST ME into the room. I didnt notice anything.
In her room, she was wondering where to put the cake because she couldn put it into the fridge cos i was the chef that day. So, she hung the cake box on her window, on the outer side, exposed to the natural cold. Many PRCs family in our estate does that actually-they put pumpkins, veg and what not. And she slammed the window shut so hard she thought i heard but i still did not notice anything. During dinner, she noticed onions and realise that i must have been at the minimart and she panicked again cos she thought that i must have seen her cakebox and am just keeping quiet abt it. haa.. I really did think that she got a cake mayb for my birthday but cos i tried to find the cake everywhere, including the TOILET and couldnt find it but found a new Yoshinoya foodbox in her fridge compartment, I thought mayb Yoshi had a new packaging and didnt think much abt it. Ha!
So, at 1140 after explaining the whole panic-suprise-out of hand situations to me (i always seem to give ppl unexpected er..situations ;P), she brought out the cake.

the Housemate.

Me and my speckys.

We had an option of using the chopper or a small knife to cut the cake after I made a wish(first 22nd birthday wish).hah~Of course I used the small plastic knife.
I tot nobody knew and was happy for that simple celebration. She wanted to do it at 12mid-night haha, and so she was waiting to hear me finish talking to N but N and I had agreed to talk at 1130pm that day. She din noe that and she din wanna wait anymore cos she realise that 12midnight the phonecall would come. haha~. Was really happy.
***
28112008
Some of my friends came to wish me happy birthday when i stepped into class and I was like, hmm..how you all know? cos I know some of them dont have FB. and they all refused to tell me. So, i just took it as the house-mate told them.
We had 推拿见习 that day and my whole group 1 came to wish me happy birthday. Got a few hugs with the official birthday huggers (tall YY and ZQ) and XZ and CE. MT asked me for lunch that day. During 推拿lesson, I was the model for 拿法 and 捏法. The student's fave teacher,国生老师did on my shoulders and it was very comfortable. Then the other student's practised on me.
MT brought me to a push-cart stall to buy noodles. It was at some ulu alley which sells nice nice food.

On my right is noodles. On my left is 饼which they prob cut up into strips-i prefer this cos it taste like chao kuay tiao.:)


糖包 bought from the alley too!


SM,Yingyan,MT and I were sharing the noodles when D came over and said he wanted to sing songs for me.At first he wanted to get the class to sing Happy Birthday to me but it was lunch and everyone was out. So, he got his guitar and started on Ronan Keating's When you say nothing at all, then it went on to Christian songs, Chinese songs, then Happy birthday song twice. Everyone who were in class sang along and thereafter, they said i had to make a speech with the orange juice bottle as a mic. I didn know what to say and so YL said some of those things said when you win an award at Star Search. and at the end, i just said " thank YL for finishing my speech for me".haha. But I said a big thanks at the end and they clapped.haha~
So I went back to my seat to read my books but i was really thinking of the series of unexpected events.hah. Abt 15 minutes passed and suddenly, the front door of the classroom opened and in came one whole group of ppl, singing happy birthday and holding a birthday cake that had 22 candles on it. I was stunned/shocked/suprised/astonished!
PJ,PJ and FU had gone to Holiland to get cake and were "protecting" the cake and her candles outside class on the hot water dispenser. SB and the rest had gone to join them and make sure I didnt go out of class. SO they sang happy birthday and this time, really, the whole class was in class and everyone sang. My eyes were brimmed with tears actually but..haha..must 保持形象.


Making a wish for the 2nd time.

Blowing out the candles. Took me like 3 blows to blow out that CE was saying if I 肺气虚.The same thing happened last night at home actually.haha.
THen SB and CE said I had to cut the cake but not finish the cut otherwise the wish will not come true. They said that it was customary or smth. I didn quite believe it nor listen properly so I put my knife above the cake and cut straight down until the both of them shouted 'stop'. So, CE came to finish the cut for me.

PJ said she wanna crown the princess.

Bogus Princess.

Organisers-FU,PJ,PJ

CE and knife.

JL and SB.

Them.



Tuina Laoshi that wished me happy birthday from the front of the class during lesson. So paiseh.

PJ,PJ and FU gave e a little smaller cake too cos they said they din noe what to buy cos our rural area didn have much. Yes, even a nice card is hard to find.
MT was commenting how ironic it is that I thought no one knew, in the end the whole class knew. Thank you to all those that wished me on FB or emails.

From the CF exco 2008/2009.

Cute*.

Embroidery Card from him.

He sewed/is still(haha..first time..)sewing me a pouch.
(I was talking to God a few nights before my b day that I wondered how my 22 b day would be. Was upset at the thought that prob only my family and N would rmb but i thought of a way to be happy-I was gg to buy a slice of cake for myself and sing song to myself. Now I have 3 cakes. Its amazing how our ways are not His, nor our thoughts His thoughts.:))
***

Birthday treat from Amanda at the Bao Restaurant opp the hospital.

My birthday present from YY and SB.