Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, December 07, 2008
鼓楼,钟楼,后海。6th Dec 2008.
-6:26 PM
I went for Christmas Choir rehearsal this morning. It was suppose to start at 11am but I only reached at 1140 cause I came out late and when I reach, I couldnt find the rehearsal room. The email said BICF chapel and so I thought it was the auditorium but the doors were lock and I couldnt get in. I walked over to 21st Century Hotel and tried to see if they were using one of their rooms but I couldnt find too. Was seriously panicking cos N and K from choir didnt pick up my phone, neither did YY and FK. Finally got thru and YY told me to ask the hotel staff. In the end, the BICF office was in the hotel!!!Went through a little door into another big area which belonged to BICF. Practiced with the choir till 1plus and took a cab down to 鼓楼.

鼓楼

We had to climb up this super steep and slippery long flight of stairs that reminded me of the National Vertical Marathon.

鼓


铜刻漏-measures time by regulating the flow of water through a small opening.


The view from the balcony of the tower.

Drum Performance that lasted...1 min. :P.

钟楼-We had to climb up a very steep but not slippery long flight of stairs too.

Caterpillar. This was taken for us by 3 guys who were also Singaporeans. We could tell that they were Singaporeans and vice versa..cos of the very distinct way we speak.haha.

The big bell that has a legend behind it. Story goes that once upon a time the Emperor ordered a craftman to cast an iron bell by a certain time otherwise all the craftman's workers will be beheaded. But somehow, no matter the craftman melted and mixed the stuff required to make the bell, the bell could not form. It was believed that a spiritual element was preventing the bell from taking shape. One day, the daughter of the craftman asked her dad to bring her to the workshop to take a look. She saw the giant mixer and saw that there was still no progress in the work. She distracted everyone in the workshop by asking them to look at something, and then she jumped into the mixer. The father tried to hold her hand but he missed. He was very sad but he continued mixing everything and the bell formed. So she is called the 'niang niang of the bell'.

This is totally random but I was amused by the species of cats(and dogs) they have here. These look like furballs and they wont pose for the camera!
We decided to go 后海 thereafter which is walking distance away. 后海 is a tourist attraction because it has a very big lake (which has become ice) and many small 胡同s around. 胡同s are small chinese attap houses that have been around for quite awhile. This area is done by quite nicely and stuff here are quite atas cos its meant for tourists.

The start of our walk.

胡同.

The lake.

Some guy trying to dig into the ice.

JUmps.

It was colddd.

Displaying our boots.

Black heart.

After that we made our way to 王府井and ate PrimaTaste-True SINGAPORE Crusine!!!

Rojak that didnt have you tiao.

Laksa.

Teh Tarik.

Prawn Noodle.

Fish Head Curry-was the Indian type..so it was on the spicy side and there was no potato or veggie.

Finally..non-sticky rice. The closest I can get to those we eat at home.

We shared the Fish Head Curry and now we look drunk and red.