Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, December 26, 2008
X'mas in Beijing
-11:12 PM
Havent blogged for a week!
Days leading up to 推拿exam:
19122008
Was sick today, no actually it started the day before. During dinner, I already felt like throwing up but cos its not nice to do so esp when i'm not the chef for the day, i controlled. My throat was super dry and my head was spinning. I had planned to sleep early but the microsoft programme in my computer couldnt work and i wanted to repair it so that I could submit my article for the class magazine! In the end, I called Zhipeng but he also couldnt do anything abt it so I finally i decided tt i should slp while the computer did windows update. My whole body felt so warm in the middle of the night and I was perspiring. Woke up earlier than my alarm clock the next day and decided to wake up the housemate to wake up before I called for her and told her that I wasn feeling too good. She decided tt I should see the doc and so she brought me to our hospital and I was directed to the 发热门诊 cos if a patient is having fever, he or she will have to be separated from the rest, in case its something like SARS.

They made me wear a mask and the housemate made me take a pic.

Another Pic. After which the housemate helped me fill in my particulars on the form while the nurses took my temp. I was then asked to do a blood test. Over here, its payment first then do test. (I think they are prob afraid tt ppl run off after getting their results.)It took 10 mins and my results were out. The doc said that my neutrophils count was too high although I didnt show any symptoms that I should. He recommended me to go on drip on antibiotics but I didn want to and so he gave me a whole load of medicine which cost 170 RMB!!!! So ex!Dollar for dollar, its like i'm spending $170 after a visit to a polyclinic. In any case, I had 7 boxes of medicine. They didn accept nets and so I had to walk out to the atm to withdraw cash!Faints*.I was quite shocked/appalled/whatever when they said I had to go withdraw.
Went back to class and had to ask GS to teach me hold to take the medicine cos the pharmacist didn want to explain to me! Everyone was super suprised with my medicine and said that I could open a mini pharmacy. ha. TOday was our last 推拿见习 and thats why i wanted to go back to class. Everyone was taking photos with the teachers esp with GS, the class fav teacher! ha!

I ate my Chinese Med during class-its called 清开灵口服液which is manufactured by my hospital. And after taking it twice, I felt better like almost instantly, like faster than antibiotics, and no i'm not being bias.SO much so, in the evening, I went over to CE's house for dinner and 汤圆.
***
21122008
I went to chuch today and almost got blown away by the strong wind. THe temperature today was between -12 and -17 degrees celsius, my fingers were so so cold despite my gloves! My mucus were like just running on and on and it was so cold tt I didn even realise. My nerves must be like numbed by the cold! My friend was wondering if her toes would start dropping off! Haha.

I ate 4 pieces of bread with cucumber and tomatoes and chilli tuna for lunch!
Shouldn have ate the chilli tuna cos my throat became drier and my stomach din feel too well. Oh wells.

My sweet strawberries at last! The strawberries here are sweet not like those in Spore, so sour. Heez.
今天是冬至 and normally ppl have 汤圆 on this day. QY came over and the 3 of us made 汤圆 with apple and longans and red dates in the soup. While waiting for the soup to boil, all 3 of us were comparing exam tips*..haha and mugging cos the exam was the next morning.
***
22122008
Had 推拿 exam in the morning. It was not difficult BUT i had no time to finish, so in the end I cut short a lot of stuff and scribbled. Like really scribbled and last min my mind went blank.-.-. nvm.
ZP brought me out at night and treated me dinner at Ding Tai Fong at Shin Kong.



***
23122008
After school that day, all of us pushed the chairs and tables to one side and began our class party!! We had decided to have a party even though we had sch on CHristmas.

It was potluck and each family had to make a dish. SM and I combined with XJ and we made Muar Chee!!!

Food!

Merry Xmas!

Small Cups.

Christmas Tree with a star!

Playing Musical Chairs, I was one of the last 4 left!:P.

The new fav teacher after GS,Liu Lao shi!!!

EVOL-Eternal Vessels of Light-LOVE.
THe Christians of the class sang a medley of songs for the class :).

五月花-Sang many songs and danced!THen the whole class sang and danced with them.haha,they threw tissue packs that said 五月花 for the class to grab, as if its a real life concert,haha and...we took it, and threw it back at them again!
Thereafter, we ate again and watched Shrek 4, which lasted 40 minutes!?! I din noe that a movie could be so, erm, short.

The present I received from the gift exchange.
***
24122008
After class today, I went 方庄 with YJ,HM,SJ and MJ. We went to CC's friend who sold tea to buy some. In the end, we stayed for a session of tea and were offered green tea snacks that tasted really great. The shop owner asked us if we were from Fujian and 4 of us responded yes. He then pointed to me and asked if I knew exactly where I was from and I did(hee, my dad told me before I came,just in case ppl asked) and the guy and my friends looked impressed. haha,this reminds me of something that happened when i first came to BJ. THe housemate and I were sharing a cab home one day and the cab driver asked where we were from. We tried to siam the qn but to no avail,so in the end, to try to be local, we said Fujian and he started talking a lot about it which we din noe. In the end, we took turns talking to the cab driver, so that the other person could take a break.
Thereafter, I went home, talked to my parents and then talked to N who was in Sydney, on skype. After a while, I had to leave for YY's Xmas party and I wanted to take a tuk tuk cos it was really dark and cold but i couldn find one and so i had to walk.
I was the last to arrive and had to clear their leftovers.Haha, the food was nice, esp the stew. Then we played WII and becasue there were 14 of us, we played several rounds and it was battle between YY's house and YL's house. I was on YY's team. We played tennis and boxing and when it was my turn, it was boxing. I won!!!and my arm ached like anything..actually it was aching during the game already but cannot dun continue. Haha. and oh, my arm muscles came back, at least for my right arm.:P
Then we had gift exchange in the form of a game. Everyone gets to pick a number. The first person picks a present and opens it in front of everyone. THe second person has a choice whether to take that present or pick another present from the tree. If you pick the present from the tree, you have to open it and you cant choose the first present anymore. The third person now has the choice of presents 1 and 2 or pick something else from the tree and this continues.

My present for the gift exchange!

SB actually packed the watch into the medicine box..haha

YY's Xmas Tree.

All of us!

I stayed over cos we counted down to Xmas at 12 and opened T's present then. Sang karaok.
***
25122008
Christmas day! The first time in my 22 years of life, I have to go to school. I brought my barang barangs from the sleepover to school. During internship, A told me that the Singapore CG from the International Church will be having a party and asked me if i wanted to go. I was really tired but hee, i still wanted to go. A dressed up so nicely and put on make up. So, i went home and changed to a skirt.
During class, we were asked to make christmas wish(s) and hang them on the Christmas tree. One of my 2 wishes were to be able to play piano over here. And i got to, at least for that night!
The host's villa is uber ulu. We took a bus to 三元桥and then took a cab that lost her way. I was asleep most of the time and A commented tt i was so sound asleep she heard a soft snore. So paiseh!heh. WHen i stepped in, i was like, oh my! So nice! So big and so modern! Its really nice with loads of foodie, Singapore food like ang ku kueh and what not. And we saw,erm, interesting stuff between M and ahem* someone new..hmm. He looks decent and nice though,and look like pierre png and is uber smart.We played games and I realise that I my math is deproving at an exponential rate. Someone pls save me. Sang carols and songs too!

The food

This is 东东 and he is one year old exactly. He is born on Christmas day! No he is not dead, nor is he ill but the owner told him to lie down. THe owner was showing us some tricks the dog can do.

Part of the CG.

A skit with a really cute clown tt made us all laugh.

Us! The one holding the red hat is the wife of the "clown".

So cute! Both of them! They are brothers! A likes the one on the left while i like the one of the right. Introducing,my new bf!

I have never been so happy to ever see or hit the keys in my life. I thank God for answering one of my wishes, at least for a day.

I was playing the keys while S was singing. We started on 有一位神 when "the new bf" came over and told me it is his fave chinese song.
I love the present I received!

The Thaisilk wrapper.

Silk pouch.

Some stuff that was inside the pouch.

This was inside the pouch too and I love the bracelet.
Its been a long week after the exam!
***
26122008
I just slept thru morning cos i had no lessons. Replenish all my long lost sleep!