Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, March 02, 2009
First Day of School at BJ 2009.-230209
-1:00 AM
I woke up at 7am thinking that there was morning class registration cos the time table said 注册. So I brushed teeth,wash face, changed and ate breakfast and opened my door. I realise that the housemate who always leaves before I do was still at home and so I decided to ask if there was morning class. There wasnt!! It was changed to the afternoon, just before our afternoon class. I had forgotten about the earlier email. Argh. So, I went back to take off my outer layer of clothes. Still, I was quite happy I didnt waste my time sleeping or slacking in bed. I cleaned my room a little more and had some time for myself. :)
It was a little difficult to get into the study mode again. THen after class, I wanted to go to the 派出所 to get my temporary residential permit renewed (cos its automatically removed after one leaves the country) and along the way I met WH and housemates and they asked me to got to the BOokworm Cafe with them. I was a little tired actually but I said yes. I quickly got onto a trishaw (tee-hee), it was slow but i enjoyed my ride cos its ages since i sat in one.

When I reached, the policewoman that normally serves me wasnt around and there was this fringging long queue in front of me. So, i waited till i realise ppl were cutting my line and so i inched my way to the front and asked the new policewoman if she could extend my stay. She insisted that I had to go photocopy my passport so that she could keep a record for the policewoman that normally serves me to check. She couldnt even tell if my passport was normal and had to ask me. I told her that no photocopying was needed but she wouldn listen. So fine, i tried twice to find the photocopy shop that she directed me to but I couldnt find. Finally, i decided that it was rediculous cos i know no photocopying is neccesary. So, i went back in, with a firm voice i insisted she do it for me and this time, she said ok but i had to wait cos she was handling the next person in line. I was like...-.-. Its proven: you have to be firm here. you'll nv get things done if you try to be nice. And she was taking her own sweet time and i kept making irritating sounds and kept drumming my fingers on the table top. FInally the lady that normally served me came out and i was so happy i waved to her. She quickly got things done even though i had brought the wrong previous permit.I quickly walked back to meet WH and friends and we took 750 to the Bookworm cafe. The bus trip was long, i fell asleep.

The Bookworm Cafe. Its actually a cafe that targets foreigners. Its a place where one can use their laptops, play piano, read books(you can borrow there or you can bring your own), buy books or stationary, have an (expensive but nice) meal, or particpate in quizzes and talks. It looks like a European study library. I like it.



Inside. Its really warm and has comfty sofas.

Me.
I bought a book with prints as cover page. It has brown paper, gives me a cottage-feel which i like.:)THe book has become my diary. I played the piano over there too. Played so many many songs and even MAJULAH SINGAPURA and other national songs admist the pop/jazz songs.:) Seriously, we sang our national anthem so loud, ppl looked. We were wondering in the first place whether ppl would respond cos those that did had a high chance of being Singaporeans too I suppose.Actually, one gets very proud of their own country once you are in foreign land.:) We had originally intended to participate in their quiz but quit after we got the first qn. It was a page of 10 pictures of trophys and we were asked to name the festivals of which the trophies were given out, not the names of the trophies themselves. So, we could only come up with Cannes Film Festival, Grammys?, Academy Awards and no other. Other teams we saw, went through the paper so easily. Hee. The winner gets good quality wine. Not that i'm very interested in the prize but i like to play the games or quizzes, esp so when its in ENGLISH.

Us.
Thereafter we went to 三里屯 to look for dinner. Here are photos we took:

LOVE.

With the Pee-ing Baby.

Fake Levi Model. Heez.

Deco.
We ate at Macs in the end after looking in vain for a nice place to eat.


A whole row of bars and international food (turkish, morroco etc etc) and nice nice lightings!