Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Snippets of my life from 260109 to 210209 (Part 4)
-10:57 PM
This post is dedicated to my dear..
#1: Tree-Top Walk Try-OutWe were intending to walk through McRitchie to the Tree Top Walk and we came across a truckload of monkeys!!!In the end, we didn't do the Tree Top Walk cause we arrived too late!



***
#2: 1st day of CNYAll the families gathered at ber chek's place and it was fun catching up with the cousins,playing mahjong,eating and realising that I'm going to miss 3 wedding dinners in a row.Pouts*.Thereafter, I went with the boyfriend to the Esplanade for the CNY event '春到河畔'.There was a food bazaar and we bought Hongkong Noodles,Shark's Fin Soup,Chilli Toufu and Fishballs,and mango lassi!Yummy!

We sat on the green seats. Okay, this shot a bit bo liao.:P

From our seats.

The Food Bazaar.

We went to this area where ppl were doing 字谜。Was quite fun and we got some of the simpler ones correct as well!!

We saw fire crackers being lit up at 8.00pm.

After that, we walked around Esplanade and walked to Lau Pa Sat for supper before going home.
The 2nd day of CNY was spent slacking and at night, we went to my maternal side for reunion dinner.And I'm going to miss another cousin's wedding.humph!I played doctor to my aunties and uncles at both my maternal and paternal sides.Hee.
***
#3: Botanical Gardens!


I love the branches of this tree.


Spot the tortoise!

We took a lot of photos of the flowers in the park and i like this cos it forms the shape of a heart!




And we entered the orchid garden.












Pitcher Plant

Another carnivore plant..whats it called again? The Venus Fly-trap, I think.

The Evolution Garden.

Seeds of a fern!
***
#4: A walk along the river after dinner at Chinatown. 
I had wanted to eat local delights at the highly tourisy open area with wooden tables and benches in Chinatown. But because of the rain, the area was closed. So,we made our way to Clark Quay to eat Bak Kut Teh from this shop tt we like but it was closed too!!! In the end, we walked back to Lau Pat Sat and ate hokkien mee, chao guo tiao and drank sugarcane water.
***
#5: Funan the IT mall and Esplanade.
My Ayam Penyat

His PepperLunch Express

In apparent seemingly in-deep-thought look.


After dinner on a comfty sofa at the kopitiam in the IT mall, we walked to the Esplanade and saw this performance for the 华艺 festival. Its 2 different performance by the same group. They make music by generating different rhythms and sounds using just drums, their feet and their voices! I love the way the different sounds integrated with one another..very abstract.

The view from the garden above the Esplanade.

Us.
***
#6: Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve.



We came too late! It closes at 7pm, we arrived at 655pm! But still, we went in...to use the toilet and take a look at the area near the entrance and quickly came out. The guy that was patrolling the Nature Reserve pointed at us as we left cos apparently his colleague saw us and informed him that we were going in.He then told us to walk out cos the last bus from that place to Kranji mrt was at 9pm.
We had walked all the way in from a bus stop far far away..near Kranji Reservoir. And so we had to walk all the way out now! There is a crocodile farm, many flower nurseries,a pig farm? etc along the way. There were stray dogs now and then running across the road. It was becoming dark. It was fun walking out like that cos there was no one except cars and animals around us so we could talk at the top of our voices and no one cared.


We sat down near the reservoir for a while and decided to walk to the bus stop before it was 9 and when we got there, we realised that the last bus was at 8!!! Stranded! We had to walk all the way out. It was fun at first cos it was only the cars and us but after a while, it became tiring physically. I felt I was doing a slow-mo ODAC walk.There were a lot of foreign workers and their dormitories and we realise that there were no women at all in the area. Because there was no bus service, people there either walk or rode on bicycles. I would prob be freaking out if N was not with me.

We walked and walked and walked for like 1plus hour before finally reaching an area with mama shops and a few coffee shops. We decided to eat our dinner there and food was tasty save for the fact that there were big huge stray dogs roaming around. I sat cross-legged on my chair.
After eating,we decided not to walk anymore cos it was 10plus and getting really late and dark plus there were a couple of times where we din noe which way to walk and when we asked the people there,they didn know the way too..which is/was strange. We took a cab and reached Kranji station like within 5 mins.
Haha.Though we didn get to see all of Sungei Buloh and the birdies..we had a mini-adventure and I love it! haha..so fun cos no one to care if you shout your lungs or talk at the top of your voices cos at the most only the cars and animals will know and it was kind of fun getting lost and somehow reaching and getting what we wanted-FOOD. Its not a normal typical date and I like it!
***
#7:V day cum 8 months.
Its not made by him. It was at the Jewel box where we took a cable car to Sentosa. We shared the cable car with 4 PRC gals and I was quite amuse to realise that PRCs are everywhere..not only in CHina. The last time I took a cable car ride..i cant remember.




View from the cable car
Underwaterworld:

Playing with starfish at the touchpool.

Touching the stingrays!

Fishies.

What's this?

Must be food.Let's bite through it.

Hmm.Nice drink.
Dolphin Lagoon:





Smart dolphins
By Palawan Beach:


***
#8: The next day, we went to the Jurong Bird Park.
Penguins.

:P






Bird Shows!
The first picture is of friendly birds while the bottom three pictures are from a bird show called 'Birds that prey' or something along this line.

鸳鸯-Reminds me of my Yuan Yang drink!

The not-so-pretty peahen. I cant upload her prettier other half. :(

I dont know whats this bird called.

Check out this family! The parents are protecting their young which are super duper cute..like super duper cute!

Flamingos!

Pelican!

African Water Aviary

:P

:)

-.-
I cant upload the photo of us playing with fossils in the sand.:(

The man-made waterfall.

Its a myth that an ostrich would stick its head into the soil when afraid.

Owl.

He refused to kiss it.

At Jurong point Macs.

<3.
***
We cooked together at my place! It was his first time cooking and its for me (and my family)! He came to my house in the morning and we went to Boon Lay Shopping Centre to buy groceries to cook.

The recipe. I wonder why he chose such a difficult dish for a first-timer.

He was so proud he peeled the whole prawn shell off so neatly.

Plucking tao gei.So many!!! We had to take turns doing it cos its such a minor but tiring job.

Chilli!


Muhahahah!

Cooking toufu.

THe sauce.

Can you guess what he is cooking?

I forgot to tell you all. Its dry mee siam! :) I love it.
***
Dar came to my house on my last night in Spore.

Dont the two toys look similar except for size? The small one is from him to me,its name is Normie. I've yet to decide its sex, so for now, Normie shall remain as a 'it'. THe big one is my sister's from her friend. The big toy has no known identity as of now.

Early next morning,i.e. the morning of my flight, he drove me to Changi beach to have a walk and i realise its the familiar place i've been to for 2 years cos of CF's FOC.:)I like that area too.
***
'Cause I need You Jesus, to come to my rescue, where else can i go ? '
'Love wins. Love always wins.'***
THE END.