Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, January 19, 2009
My first flight..alone!! :D
-11:35 AM
I am home!! In Singapore! In my messy room again! :P
Last wk, all of us in the course were still pia-ing for our final 2 papers. Time seemed to pass so so slowly. When the first paper was over, I was so happy that I was bouncing on each step as I walked down the stairs. Then we had 2 and a half days to the final paper. All of us were not in the mood to mug cos we were counting down. After the final paper was over, there was this sudden loss,as if we didn know what we were going to do next but the joy on our faces was quite obvious. Its a goodbye to the 4 and a half months of non-stop studies and work and exams. My most tiring sem in uni or mayb its comparable to my first sem in NTU. Honestly, independent living and etc was fine but i really detest the studying but oh wells, i'll survive I know.
I went to 西校区 to get my 方歌书 and went off to 雅秀 for some last minute shopping and haggling. Haggling btw, is another tiring experience such that sometimes i just go to a proper fixed price place which sells slightly at a higher (than what you can get if you haggle successfully)but still reasonable prices.Haggled till i had a headache cos if you dun haggle, the price difference can be 100-200RMB per good.
At night, I went to a Singaporean auntie house for cell group. Met other singaporeans from BICF and we watched a video talking abt Christian leadership, living an extraordinary life for God and recognising the existence of slavery and poverty in the rest of the world.Thereafter I took bus with my friends home but decided to alight halfway to change to a bus that would bring me to the front of my estate. To my horror, it was 1120pm at night and the last bus was at 10pm so there i was stranded. Many ppl were by the roadside flagging cabs which refuse to stop or had passengers. I was pretty much panicking cos i hadn packed,my head was so painful it was going to split and there was no cab. Prayed super hard that i would get home safetly cos i din wanna take the first bus i took again cos i would have to walk thru a dark dark garage and carpark which isnt too safe. In the end, i got a cab home.
Spent the whole night packing my luggage before giving up and falling asleep cos of my headache. Couldn sleep though..kept waking up, using the toilet, and woke up at 7 plus to play fb instead.
***
17th Jan-my flight day!
Packed my room and cleared my clothes and barangs to put my food and books and my quilt and pillow into the cuboards. Went to 方庄to buy a weighing scale, then off to 贵友大厦 to buy stuff and then to Carrefour to buy a lot of stuff. It was a saturday morning and there were so many ppl there and of course, it as a pushy pushing situation. Went home thereafter and was carrying so many stuff. Bought lunch from Mr. Lee's-I love the food there! I spent the whole afternoon packing and squeezing everything into my luggage and then watched Litte Nonya for a while to prevent myself from falling asleep and risk missing the bus to the airport. Finally everything was in. I had my crumpler,a bow,my odac backpack and my luggage. I weighed my luggage at the scale said 15kg. I left my house after clearing rubbish, turning off the gas and plucking out every plug. My luggage was so heavy, i had to stop every 100m to switch hands.
Flagged a cab and got the cabbie to bring my luggage into the back..he wanted me to bring it up with me into the passenger seat at first which i said no to. The fee to the airport would be 100 plus RMB while the fee to 贵友大厦to take the airport bus would cos 10RMB and i tink he was quite sian diao wheni said to go to 贵友. When we reached, i just handed him my money and i regretted immediately cos i should have asked him to get my luggage down before giving him money cos he refused to get my luggage off and asked me to get the security guards nearby to help me. I was quite pissed and afraid that he will drive off with my luggage, i left the back door of the cab opened, walked a little to the front and asked the security guards to help me which they very nicely did. Crossed the road and bought my tickets and met these 2guys who were trying to shove me their namecards and told me i could call this no. if i wanted to order air-tix next time. They volunteered to carry my big luggage up the bus to a big spacious seat for me so i said thanks cos i cant bring it up myself. Finally we were on our way to the airport. On one of the highways, i saw a truck which had 3 layers of live pigs! Quite cute actually, with their tails sticking out on one side and their snout of the other. Hee. I was praying on the bus that the bus driver would be nice to help me bring my luggage down. He looked quite fierce and sounded so, so i wasn too sure if he would oblige. In the end he did! So happy! I checked in rather early, at 915 when my flight was at 2330. My luggage weighed 32.4kg at the counter!!! I was like huh and started praying again tt they wont make me pay for excess 12.4kg. And they allowed me to pass! Soo happy!


Went to Burger Kings to eat mushroom swiss burger which had too little mushroom and then decided to board my plane. I had to take a little train to another tower to check my hand carriers which they took away my bow and my contact lens soln and hair cream! Silly me, i totally forgot that we cant bring liquid stuff on hand carriers! oh wells and for the bow, its an unusual shape and i cant put it in my luggage but they said i cant bring it onto the plane and they copied my name and IC, prob thinking that i could be a terrorist!-.-
So, i went to my gate and was asked to board a bus which drove to the plane. On the bus, a PRC was saying that they dont check passports later on and so 等一下,门一开要往前冲,谁先冲上飞机,谁就最厉害。He was saying it to another PRC. When the doors opened, everyone from the plane really ran and rushed up the stairs to the plane. I was quite -.- cos we are allocated seats wad, so why rush? I walked faster up the stairs though cos the back people were chionging up and i din wanted to be trampled or pushed by them. I got a window seat!

Tried to slp thru the night but it was difficult cos i had 2 jackets on and my crumpler on my lap which had my important documents and the leg space was so small. Shall take SIA next time! Food wasn nice..it was all black when it was supposed to be seafood noodles. THe stewardess were nice though. When I saw the Changi tower at 545am, i was happy, though less ecstatic than i tot i would be..mayb too tired already. But i walked superduperly fast fast, taking off my jackets as i walked cos it was so warm and so humid. I got my luggage and waved to N who was waiting for me. :)
***
18th jan

We went to the car after i went to the toilet to take off my fleece pants that was making me perspire. There was a bouquet of flowers waiting for me at the boot! Sweets! Smiles.
Then,we went to east coast to catch a glimpse of the sunrise then drove to Bedok to eat Bah Chok Mee for breakfast. I had my sugarcane juice with lime! Then drove home. I was falling asleep along the way. Couldn slp the pass two nights and suddenly i wanted to slp. When i pressed the doorbell, i could hear my mother shouting "look like christine"..from wad my sister said, my bro and dad said "huh" and rushed to the door to take a look before opening the door. My house was in a mess cos its CNY packing and stuff and i prob added more mess with my luggages. I bathed then N drove both of us to Grace 2.


THereafter, we went for lunch at Fish&Co. Suntec,cos i wanted to eat Western.hee. Ordered so much food that we couldnt finish! But it was a nice happy meal!! Yay! :P.
At night, I ate my white chicken rice that my parents bought some place near my old house, Dover. :)
***
20th Jan 2009

I went for lecture at NUS with the boyfriend, WX, S and T! S and I were crashers. The lecture is called Understanding the Universe, I think. I paid full attention for like half an hour? before starting to squirm and fidget and disturb others in the process..not that they were listening anyway! :P
Went back with him to the lab and said hi to the people there.THe area that used to be mine was so so messy! 3 guys and 2 tables = trash.Packed the area a bit but as I packed I knew tt it will become messy again the next day and true enough, Yuki put the SDS-PAGE machine on my cleaned area the next day, cos he had no more space on his side of the table!!!! Washed some pestils to kill time and then, we were on our way to Vivocity!

Sunset.(With lotsa clouds :X)

Heez.
***
The next few days of the wk was spent cooking dinner and dessert for the family, shopping with the sister at Jurong Point which has become bigger and finishing up the Little Nonya TV drama on www.tudou.com. haha.
***