Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, March 06, 2009
2nd Wk of School..a bizarre week..
-11:35 PM
This week was a normal school week except for a few things:
1. Monday(2/3/09)- I was supposed to go to the bank before class and because the night before I couldnt upload certain photos onto my blog, I decided to sit infront of the comp and try a few more times. That ate up my time and I only had enough time to walk to the hospital. Still, I didnt want to spoil my plans and so I went to the bank. There were only 2 ppl infront of me but banks here are slower than those in Singapore and at one of the counters, the teller was explaining stuff to an elderly man and so that counter was even slower. 5 minutes left to the start of class and it was my turn. I asked for the xchange rate and it was all time low at 4.3 but I needed money to pay rent anyway so I just told the person to change all my Singapore money. Halfway through I decided that I was going to be late for class and told her to stop the transaction. I wasnt too happy with the exchange rate anyway and thank God she hadn change the money. But i think she prob thought I was some weirdo who comes into a bank without knowing what I wanted to do. Disoriented.
On the other hand, earlier on as I was walking to the bank, some of my friends were walking behind me. According to them, I suddenly disappeared after I cross the road and they thought I was kidnapped cos yea, the people in our area think that we are a bunch of millionares. We came to this conclusion after my friends got weird phonecalls trying to get them out of the house; a dubious house agent loitering outside my friend's place and trying to be 'friendly'; my friend's mum's money disappeared after they left the house and nothing but the money was taken, leaving only 20 bucks; a guy tried to fiddle with our lock at the main door when only my housemate was around; when I open the door to go out to school one day and saw a guy that isnt my neighbour walking out of the door that leads from my house and my neighbour's hosue to the lift landing. And so when I was late for lesson cos I was held up at the bank, my friends grew worried. The housemate msg me to inform me that class had started. I got to class. One friend thought I had food poisioning due to my fried starfish (yes, i tried one fried starfish, but thats a story for another time), another thought I was kidnapped and I got reprimanded by that one.
2. We hired a new maid this time cos our former maid was held up in her hometown and the house was getting way too dusty. Yes, we can clean it up ourselves but its really too big for the both of us and its more worthwhile getting a maid. So, the maid came and she did the kitchen and toilet first and when we came to check, it looked pretty all right. So, we got her to do my room. I was watching her do her stuff. And when I told her the corners were still dusty, she complained and gave a sigh and said 'ok, clean then clean'. I was like!!!!! rolling eyeballs*. THen she cleaned my small table and I told her to clean the legs too and she grumbled again! She complained at every single thing we asked her to do and what more, she didnt do a clean job! I msn the housemate and told her to re-check the kitchen and toilet and she found dirt and hair still lying around at places not visible at a glance. We told her to do this and that and she grumbled at everything and kept mumbling that it was tiring. I am like, obviously its tiring otherwise why do i pay you!!Argh! And simple common sense stuff like clean the rollers of the chairs so that the cleaned floor wouldn be dirty again,she couldnt understand and mumbled under her breath. At the end of 5 hours, the house wasnt too clean and the furniture were not even cleaned. But we decided we didn want to pay anymore cos this one cost 15RMB per hour while our good nice maid cost 12 RMB per hour only. We decided that we were going to hire only our nice good maid next time cos she helps us and even cleans our books and pots and pans and charge us cheaper cos she says that we are students and she is fast, so at least she isnt out to eat our money. This lousy new maid had no change on her and my housemate had to go down with her in the cold, to the convenient shop to get change. When there, the lousy maid decided to buy ginger but complained that it was too ex so she didnt buy. She went to the clinic in our estate and saw a doc and my poor housemate had to wait for her finish seeing the doc. ARGH! If it was Singapore, I would have told the maid off! But for safety and all other purposes, I dont wanna make enemies.
3. The guy that delivers water at our house came in with this smoke smell all around him, told us to get a chopstick. He got it and broke our chopstick into 2 when he was opening the barrel of water for us to put the barrel onto our dispenser. Our plastic chopsticks! It was like 三缺一 since the chopstick was broken. And all we got was, '没事,只是掰开你们的一个筷子而已,没事。‘and he left in such great hurry. I so very much wanted to ask him to pay for my chopsticks. Its not the chopsticks that left us irritated but more of his attitude. Both him and the auntie, 看我们好欺负and to a certain extent that is true cos I've realise that I rather lose that bit of money than quarrel with the locals here and become infamous. But after the guy left, the housemate and I were scolding him just to vent.Heez.
That was my week. I went to several places last week but have no time to upload the pics, so wait. Haha. I am going to 798(its a place, not the bus number of something)tomorrow. Its a place of art exhibits, sculptures and the like. The displays are changed very frequently, like maybe once in a forthnight or once a month. Yippie! And I prob will spend a day in church on Sunday cos there is a seminar in the afternoon that J and I will be attending together. There is a concert at night by a Christian group under Universal Records and they are really good. I've heard them sing.. J is staying and I was suppose to stay but I have to help the housemate make agar agar for Monday's big feast(haha!), so we'll see how again.
Some random photos:

Baby Mangoes

Pineapple-I've nv bought a pineapple in my whole life till now and its so pricky. Durian if you hold it right you wont get the pricks but pineapples..the pricks are everywhere. I put it into 2 plastic bags to ensure the safety of my fingers. The guy at Carrefour helped me remove the pricky skin and shape it to this nice pattern.
On a side-note, I'm talking to a sec school friend who happens to be in the same course as myself but is in the 3rd batch. And he is thinking of dropping out after he obtains the first degree because of certain things only the course-takers face-TCM Red Tapes. So many have dropped out and many may be following suit. Hmm. I hope all turns out well in the end.
I'm outta here. :)