Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Kunming Lake-!st Nov 2008
-8:50 PM
Today's activity was a class event, like we were representing NTU-BUCM in this Nationwide event. It was a 4hr walkathon through 颐和园 (Summer Palace) which had Kunming Lake in the middle of it.We arrived at the entrance at 12nn and saw many foreigners. For once, I was seeing foreigners outside church! :P

The crowd.
Before the event began, there were many performances and we plonked ourselves right infront of the stage otherwise the tall PCRs and other foreigners will block the more petite Singaporeans. Heez.

Cute kids doing taekwondo.

Kids doing Latin Dance. Its so cold, i mean, i am wrapped up in layers but these kids can dance so well in such little clothes.

Shuai a not? =P
The performances after this were cancelled because the wind was too strong and the stage kept falling apart.

We took bus to the Summer Palace together.

Look at the trees and you will know how strong the wind was!

Come On!





The leaves here are redder than those at 香山, or maybe because we went to 香山too early and couldn catch the red leaves.

The cloud look like a Christmas tree!

I climbed up a ledge onto another grass patch to see the yellowy-red leaves.

A nice area with a river in middle. However, to get to the nice areas, we have to pay another fee so we didnt enter.

Me and PJ blocking ppl's path.



MJ and I got separated from our original groups cos we were busy taking photos and got left behind! So we decided to continue the trail together. We were trying to take a photo but the ppl there didnt really care and just walked between the camera and us. Then before the next group of ppl came to cut us, i said "等一下". Haha.

A nice big yellowy tree that looks as if I can sit under and read a book.



Kunming Lake. Looks like the sea rights? (No wonder the PRCs in NTU always regarded the Nanyang Lake as a pond.




Doesnt this scene look familiar?!? (Scroll up) We actually walked back to the starting point!!! We almost fainted when we realised. Rather than walk the whole track, we took a wrong turn which led us on a shortcut, right back to the starting point!!

haha, i still had to take a pic with this, just to make sure i was at the finishing line!

Gives a cottage-feel to the area.

Love the background gradient.


We were trying to 'fly' in the wind.

2527



Reminded of the one in Chinese Garden, Singapore.

Up on the rocks!

Ready, set, go! It was taken in 5 secs cos we didnt want to get a bathe.

We saw a guy holding a SLR and we asked him to help us take a jumping shot! Haha, he was explaining that we had to jump when he said "er" out of "yi, er, san". Then everyone turned to look at us jump. haah~

The sun was setting, at ...445PM!
MJ and I were busy taking pics and suddenly we got a call from PJ that the exit door was shut. That means, we were locked inside the Palace. Thank God MJ and I spotted a side door that was still open and decided to get out and find our way. No way did we want to spend the night at the river bank in the cold stormy wind.

This was our tag that we had at the start of the walk. We were supposed to find 3 stations to get our stickers but we got lost and walked that rediculous shortcut to the start point that we couldnt find the stations. Oh well, we learned later on that the stations started to clear themselves at 4 plus and the road marshalls went off! We were stunned..like they nv look after the walkers..unlike Standard Chartered or the other races in Singapore. So we didn get our goodie bag that had only a towel in it.
Dinner Pics:
We went to Vivacity(really sounds as if they imitated Vivocity) to eat Pizza! It was a whooping 50 bucks on average per person.


The Summer Palace is a beautiful place though. I wanna go back next Summer! =P/.