Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, September 19, 2008
-10:58 PM
16 Sept (Tues)

Had lunch at this small eatery in this alley behind 方庄 called 新四方小吃. I ordered 刀削面 and told them to put less oil and less salt. The soup was still oily but I decided not to ask for a spoon and so did not drink down most of the oil.

SM and I actually wanted to cook that night cause we really felt that eating outside food for 3 whole weeks aint really healthy. BUT, we din noe how to get the stove working. Apparently, we have to open 2 valves, change batteries for the stove and the meter and fiddle around with the switches of the stove. Its quite simple now that I think of it. So, we called pizza that night cause it was raining and the two of us were too lazy to go down to buy food plus the da bao service for the 巧食家had closed. THe pizza cost 89rmb but it was finally normal food.
17th Sept (Wed)


Lunch at the hospital..like for the 2nd time or 3rd time only. Cause i always eat outside. It simply amazes me that food at the hospital can be more oily than food outside. The round pastry has veggie fillings but the pastry is too thick and has no taste. For once, I think they forgot the salt. :P. Carrefour has also run out of salt.
After class, all of us went to get our 白大衣 and the funny thing was, the whole class (60 of us) walked togther as a class for the first time, and in TWOS!!! The only thing missing that would make us look like primary school kids was to hold hands with your partner. 孟老师 was walking in front and when she stopped, all of us stopped too! The two rows were very neat and all of us started laughing when we realise how hilarious the whole class looked.

The lecturer for liver disease diagnostics recommended this medical bookshop opp 协和医院 and so after class, some of us went down to check it out. I bought 165.60RMB worth of books. But books here are super cheap. I bought the Chinese-English Medical Dictionary, a bilingual anatomy atlas and a how-to-read-ECG guide in ENGLISH. I am in desperate need for english. Haha.
18th Sept (Thurs)
I got to see who my 导师 was for the first time today. I think she is one of the directors of the hospital. She is heart specialist and spent time teaching us how to read ECG for atria fibrillation. I also met post-graduates under her. Numbers were exchanged for easier contact during group discussions and meetings.
19th Sept (Fri)



SM and I finally got the stove to work. We were SO SO SO excited and were like jumping around in the kitchen and clapping hands! haha, so duh right! We cooked noodles! ok, we only had packet noodles, but we din use much of the seasoning cos we are quite sick of msg and salt-filled food. So SM washed the 小白菜 and some yong tau fu ingredients that I bought from 方庄超市 while I boiled water, threw in noodles, 2 eggs and the stuff that SM washed. We should have added more veg, then the soup would have been sweeter. But then, we may not be able to finish the food. We actually threw in stuff that filled 3/4 of the pot! Then, we microwave canned sardines which tasted like the ones back home in Singapore. Washed grapes as well. The whole dinner was so nice! The yong tau fu ingrediants tasted flour-ry but they say that its like that in Beijing. The meatballs are okay thought. My soggy noodles actually tasted like 米线, and they tasted very nice! I think apart from the Jap meal Dage and Dasao treated me to, and the food cooked at their place, this is like the next best.

This is a picture of a flaccid cucumber. We left it for too long in the fridge and it became flaccid. SM and I were laughing at it actually cause it really looked funny..imagine wobbly cucumber. I thought i saw while fungi on it. I ate 2 of these prior to this current one and actually, this kind of japanese cucumber taste nicer than the nasi lemak kind. I actually just eat the japanese cucumber raw, after washing the skin clean. Its quite fresh.

CE came to ask me if I ate cornflakes cause she wanted the 2 garfield magnets found in each cornflakes packet. I took a look at the magnets and realise that they are super cute! There is a variety of them. So now, several of us in class are eating cornflakes just to get the magnets. SM went to buy the cornflakes and we decorated out fridge with our first 2 magnets. And I get to bring the magnets home!! (cos only I gian the magnets. But its like super cute.)And the ironic thing, is one of the magnets say 'best cook in the world'. Er. Okay. No comments.I think the class may become like primary school class when we start exchanging our magnets for the designs we dont have. In primary school, I exchanged stickers. But this is our source of entertainment in our very limited social life.
China news and probably international ones too (I think I am quite cut off from the rest of the world), recently reported that the san lu brand of milk caused kidney stones in 400,000 plus kids. Good thing the one SM and i drink is san yuan. BUT, we eat yoghurt from the brand 伊利. Today, SM went to carrefour and saw that many brands of yoghurt were cleared from the shelves including 伊利!! We later learned that 3 brands of yoghurt were found to have some 'problems' and 伊利 was one of the 3. No wonder when we first bought the yoghurt, it was like 8 for a low price and we grabbed it cause it has many flavours and was cheap. And we ate 6 out of the 8 already. Hmms. Now what. DO we still finish of the last 2 ? I didnt expect this though..i mean..its carrefour...hello??
Yay! My letters to Singapore have reached the people they are supposed to reach. They took 8-9 days. I was quite worried they wouldn't reach though.