Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, September 14, 2008
140908
-10:37 PM
Yesterday, Feng u, Peijia and Peijing and I went to 西单just to walk around. The 2 PJs bought 羽绒服 while Feng u and i ventured to another building cause I wanted to find Zara. We didnt find Zara but instead found 美特斯邦威服饰博物馆北京旗舰店展区(Metersbonwe Costume Museum)at the top most level of 西单国际大厦。No photos were allowed to be taken, which is a pity. The place showcases the clothings worn by the royal families and court officials and their wives. It also features the clothings worn by the 少数民族,eg.苗族. Every piece of clothing takes around 2-3 to make and every embroidery work has its meaning. Its as if every piece of clothing can tell a story. There were also ornaments around but those can be seen even in Singapore museum..not the exact stuff, but similar. Over there, we watched a documentary of this old lady sewing a top, pants, shoes and sling bag using skins of various types of fishes, including carp. She had painstakingly taken the effort even to match the skins so that the colour gradient would be nice. THe skins had stuff added to them and were flattened out etc before sewing was done. Embroidery and patterns were also done using fish skin as thread. On one hand, I felt it was a bit cruel on the fishes (if the fish meat can be eaten, does it lessen the cruelty?) but on the other, I must admit that the intricate details that went into the design and construction was simply amazing.

Model.
In the evening, I brought them all and Sanmei to my cousin's place for a bbq and dinner. I finally got my Bak Kut Teh!!! My auntie made them. FOr once, no oily and salty food. That afternoon, we actually ate this 6RMB noodles which is the most salty thing I have eaten in my entire life. I ate 1/6 and dug out the cucumbers to eat and left the rest untouch. Even drinking my whole 1L of water down will not save the bowl of noodles. ANyway, back to my bak kut teh!

Bak Kut Teh. Simple but nice!

Other stuff.
At night, I couldnt sleep cause of something that happened in the day which really pissed me off. I really thank God for SM who patiently listened to me. I was telling her that for the one hour that I couldnt sleep, I was praying to God to help me cultivate some form of patience and a magnanimous heart..and maybe try to love people who are not exactly so lovable. And SM pointed me to Bible verses that really helped me get my perspectives back in place. Really thank God we are housemates that get along pretty well.
2 Peter 1: 5-8
But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
Today, I went to Beijing International Christian Fellowship (BICF) with YY and Marietta. Only people not from China are allowed in cause of rules imposed by the govt I suppose. THey check the passports at the entrance to the building. Its really so nice to see Koreans, Singaporeans, Africans, Americans, Brits, etc etc. I was really so happy and excited to see the church building and to go in for service. All of us were actually. Today was the last bilingual service. Next week onwards, english and mandarin services would be held separate. I dont know which to go for but I actually actually, to my suprise, feel an inclination towards the mandarin service. Hmm. It felt good to be able to sing worship songs again..really a break from the hectic school life and rubbishy stuff I had to go thru in the past wk. As worship went by, tears filled my eyes as I was reminded of God's forgiveness,grace and miracles in the past half a year that has gone by. As I was praising God, I felt that I really wanted to go back to the music ministry, to serve God with what He has blessed me with...it was the same feeling I had when I first wanted to play keyboard for church worship.
THe sermon itself brought back many issues which I have to grapple with and probably come to terms with... Yep. At the end of the service, Mariatta and I wanted to sign up for small group but didnt know how or which one. So we decided to do it next week when we are more settled.

The auditorium.

Lobby.

YY,Me,M.

My Gong Bao Ji Ding Fan which was my lunch and dinner.
Heres a new song I learned at church today. Its super duper nice.
禱告禱告,因為我渺小;
禱告,因為我知道我需要,
明暸,你心意對我重要。
禱告,已假裝不了;
禱告,因為你的愛我需要;
你關懷,我走過的你都明白。
有些事我只想要對你說,
因你比任何人都愛我;
痛苦從眼中流下,
我知道你為我擦。
在早晨我也要來對你說,
主耶穌今天我為你活;
所需要的力量你天天賜給我,
你恩典夠我用。
A myriad of emotions. Happy,excited,exhilarated,boredom,tiredness,sadness,devoid of emotions.