Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Day 1 at Beijing
-2:00 AM
It was really difficult to sleep on the plane though I was really tired cause there was no leg-rests and I could not recline further due to the limitations of the chair. I was sitting in between David and Sanmei. We talked for awhile but each drifted off to lala land after awhile. I really wanted a window seat but oh wells. Those who were at the window managed to catch a glimpse of the sun-rise. From the pictures my friends took, the sunrise was really beautiful, but I was still sleeping like a pig and so when the I woke up (~7am), the sun was alredy up. THe sun rises really early in Beijing, say approx 5am.

A bit of the sunrise.



The airport at BJ is really advanced and clean, way more advanced than what I expected. The thing that amused me was that the toilets and locker rooms were build in the middle of nowhere, like stand-alones. The travellators at the airport are super duper long, they have breaks inbetween for ppl to cut across. The ninja-turtle building is just outside the airport.




My Dage and DaSao came to fetch me from the airport. They took the luggages from SM and I while we followed the school bus to the school's international hostel. Flowers there are really pretty. We ate breakfast there. There were eggs, baos, and this greenbean porridge which has an acquired taste. hmm. Admin stuff were done and soon SM and I were off with my Dage and DaSao for lunch.





We went to this posh Japanese restaurant with cute names for their dishes. The deco were really nice and the food even nicer (its better than sushi teh). Dage ordered so much food that we couldn’t finish. Judging from the atas-ness of the place, lunch must have cost a bomb.

We then went to the 公安to get our temporary residence permit only to realize that we are aliens, not foreigners.
We were brought to our home for the next two years. I wanted to post a video of our place but it took too long to load. The estate has a park, a shop that do laundry, and a convenient shop within its compounds. There are a lot of dogs, ah mas and kids around. The only thing is we live on the 3rd floor and paranoid me is thinking that people can easily climb into our apt from the outside. But seriously, it can be done. After that, DaSao brought us to IKEA to buy basic items like pots, bowls, towels and yada yada.


In the evening, we went to DaSao’s place for dinner. Dua Pek, Dua mm, Lily jie jie, Sally jie jie, Andrea, Alicia, Ethane and Joen were all there. The food served were all Singapore food-curry chicken, cold tofu, veg, veg with shun4, fruits. Super duper delicious! Dage’s house is like super big, probably 2-3 Singapore condos combine together. Just imagine, they need 2 helpers to clean the house. The view from their place is really nice. This place is really atas lar, cause there is Zhao Wei, John Woo and some famous Chinese actress in my parent’s generation living in that estate.
The chauffeur drove us to a small 超市 before driving us home.