Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
-10:37 PM
6th Sept 2008
Today SM and I took the day off from cleaning the house cos we employed a day maid who would come the next day to clean the house for us!!!Yay!! Soo, we decided to go out today!

In the afternoon, we went to 壅和宫, the nearest place of interest to our home.It used to home to Yong Zheng when he was still a prince. When he became emperor, the place was converted to a lama temple.We took the subway there and even the subway station was constructed to look like a 宫.

A park opposite the subway station (I forgot the name of the park).

A very funny sign along the road directing people to the place. There were a lot of shops all selling incense and joss-sticks along the road to the place. Every owner was saying how good and authentic their stuff were. SM and I were taking photos even along the road that a PRC commented why couldnt we go in to the place and take pictures instead of blocking the way. Thats true, in certain sense.

THe entrance. The sun was too glaring..couldnt a get a picture that would show the words.

One of the many pretty design from the architecture of the buildings. The place is really like a maze and is so huge for just ONE person. I would get lost if I'm a palace maid.

SM and i wanted to take a photo together and we just asked this spanish guy who is prob there for the paralympics and cos SM can speak a bit of spanish. In the end, he put on the spanish hat for us and took a photo with us. Ha. It was nice to speak other languages other than chinese. Gracias and Adios.

This is actually a record for a 18m buddha statue which was carved out of one 26m tree.The buddha is really huge. From the outside, I only could see the ankles and I was wondering what was inside. When I walked in, I could only see the knees. I had to walk really in to see the entire statue. The building was also constructed such that natural sunlight would shine through some windows, onto the face of the buddha.




After that, we walked down the streets and realised that there were other museums,smaller 宫s around but all need money. We didn want to pay cos we realised that students get half price at most, if not all places of interest. So, we'll wait for our student pass to be made.:)

Water.

A place where in the past, people riding on horses have to dismount to show respect to the scholars and sages around. The school of Confucius is on the right side while the temple of Confucius is on the left. It's a tradition that they have schools on right side while temples on the left.

A post at the Olympics Information Booth that made SM and I very happy.



THe park.

Cute dog in cute pram.

Quiet walk to find dinner.

KFC!!!! Its a burger with a potato patty. I requested for salad rather than fries cause I think too heaty le and I need the veg. THe salad is corn salad. First time I every saw such a salad. Its nice! The chicken was tasty too, better than the McD here. As for the drink, I only understood 果汁 and not the other string of words the person was saying cause she was going at bullet train speed, so here is my 果汁。
When we went home, we walked the wrong way, in fact the opposite from the one we were suppose to walk from the subway. So, we took an extra one hour plus to get home. We cleared, I think...more than 10KM walking today. Actually, I'm pretty sure, its at least 10KM.
7th Sept 2008
Today the maid finally came. Paid 15 bucks per hour and within 5 hours she cleaned the house. Way faster than SM and I (we took abt 5 days and only did as far as the kitchen cabinets,part of the toilets and our rooms).

Lunch at California Beef Noodles. 方州牛肉面。Its very very very tasty!

THen, Dage and Dasao came to bring us to Decathalon to buy some warm clothings. In the end, Dasao started to talk to us about Zara and that made our eyes blink a lot except that the prices here are super exorbitant.Then, we went Dage's place for dinner and Da Qing(one of the maids) made 饺子。
I predict Monday blues cause school is starting tml.
8th Sept 2008
School has started and its monstrous. We have lessons for 5 days from 8am to 5pm daily. For the week leading to holidays, we have lessons from 8am to 5pm for SEVEN days a week. By the time lessons end, we are half dead and have to find dinner and go home, bathe, study etc. And the workload is monstrous too! We cover one major system/organ/technique in one and a half hours which is insufficient time for the teachers to cover everything. In the end, they rush through but yet briefly touch on whatever they wanna touch, meaning, we have to read the info ourselves. And considering we are doing Western Medicine now in Chinese...man..Its like we know the stuff in english..but in chinese, the terminology(s) is really a big headache. I need a bilingual medical dictionary seriously and urgently! Oh, did i mention, we only have a 2 hr lunch break each day. No breaks in between lessons, unless the teacher decides to have one.
And final exams are on every month. I have 4 papers in mid-october itself. -.-. I sound like a whiner. But its really bad. I've nv got it so bad at all when in NTU, even when i was doing 28 AUs in one sem. I thought I could go travel/play/enjoy/whatever..now..hmms..I dunno.
We ate at the hospital today. And supposedly, we have to bring lunch box everyday cos they dont provide plates and utensils except for today which was our first day. The hospital looks gloomy I must say. The canteen staff are nice but the give like one dish and a lot of rice. Before I could point to another dish, they already lumped rice onto my small lunch box, filling everything up.My veg was quite tasty though oily but some ppl got food that...din taste so nice.
I came in later than the bus that fetch ppl from the hostel to the hospital. SInce that makes up like 85% of the class, I couldn get a seat in front. Half the time, i couldn make up the words on the ppt screen cos they were either too small, or too stretched, or the colours used were inappropriate. Oh wells. By the end of class, my eyes were really tired plus the fact tt we have to write really quickly cos lecturers go very very very fast and dont wait for us to finish writing.