Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, September 08, 2008
2nd Day in BJ
-8:02 PM


Our breakfast!!! The water is called Wa Ha Ha while our bread is called Bimbo. It was really funny when SM and I were commenting that we were running out of bimbos. But Bimbo, corn flavor, is really really nice! Its dry though, so we tried various combinations, like dipping bimbo into milk, dipping bimbo into yoghurt, and spreading peanut butter on bimbo. The second picture is me trying to pour milk. Nothing came out because we put the milk into the freezer the night before! When we came into the house, nothing was switched on, so we could not tell which the freezer was since the compartments looked similar. Naturally we assume that the top compartment was the freezer, but no..the freezer is the lower compartment. Haha. So, we spent the day trying to melt our milk. The bottle eventually cracked and we had to put a bowl under it. -.-.


The state of our living room.


The Sim card that can be bought literally anywhere…I got mine from a stall analogous to a ‘mama’ stall. But I ran out of value so quickly cause I kept making overseas phone calls and smses. Apparently they say that 神州 is better for overseas calls wheras 移动 is better for local calls/sms. But its so strange that WH can use her phone for overseas calls for 3 hours and only have 15 bucks deducted while I talked only for 10 minutes + SMS and have 35 bucks chopped off. I’ve since bought a top-up card value of 100 bucks but value has dropped by 30 bucks after a 20 minutes call. I also bought an IP card which is a prepaid card for IDD but my value dropped by 46 bucks after a 15 minutes call. So in total, I’ve spent 121 RMB on overseas charges. My goodness!!! Think I’ll use skype for the month of Sept and when the pay-10-dollars-and-get-unlimited-phonecalls-plan becomes activated from Oct onwards, then I’ll use the phone. Meanwhile, I’ll scrimp and save to reimburse my holey pocket. Oh..but if anyone knows a cheaper way for this (e.g. Kristy..haha), pls let me know.




SM and I were checking out the shops near our place on our way to Carrefour and we passed by this park (BJ has a LOT of parks). The second picture is a flower that looks like a little brain. The entire park has pillars of the 十二生肖, and here’s mine! The weather is very dry and its astonishing that we got thirsty on the plane to BJ even though we were sleeping the whole time. Dage says we’ve got to drink water even when not thirsty. The air is really dusty and my eyes felt itchy, turned red and had tears when I first arrived. I wore specs on the first and second day. But on the 3rd, I wore my contacts cause my eyes became used to the dryness. The sun is really hot over here; the book says it can go up to 37degress in summer and now is the end of summer. I had just wanted to just bring long sleeves over, good think I brought my Giodano basics, otherwise…. Sunblock is a must-I’ve never used so much sunblock and moisturizer before. I’ve got moisturizer for morning and night, face moisturizer, lip balm, hand moisturizer, and feet moisturizer.

My 2nd home in BJ for the next 2 years. It’s a 10mins walk if I walk quickly.

My one-dollar 绿舌头. It’s soft jelly ice-cream! After that we went to 中国农家银行 t buy 2000units of electricity. We have been using the little amount of electricity left by the owner.

At the roundabout. Its really strange that wherever SM and I go, people stare at us and our belongings and I mean, literally stare…even when we stare/glare back.


We met FY and her mum at Carrefour. Apparently, FY heard people speaking English (probably Singlish) and so she turned around. SM and I were choosing our mops then. The second picture is SM holding that squishy thing you throw into the water compartment of the toilet bowl to disinfect the toilet bowl. Its so squishy she shriek. Haha. Imagine 2 people who can’t cook and have never done household chores in their life living together. Its like Singapore version of Simple Life (Nicole Ritchie).


The first picture was my lunch at 4pm (??) after all the shopping from Carrefour. We looked like 2 oh-bah-sangs with SM with her crumpler, grocery bag (we brought them from Spore c0z over here, we have to pay for plastic bags), one 1L of water; and me with my crumple, grocery bag, 3 broom/mop/dustpan and 2 pails with 4 toilet rolls in the pails. We tore open the toilet roll bag to reduce things we had to carry and we used the plastic bag holding the 10 toilet rolls to tie the 3 broom/mop/dustpan together. Our grocery bags had even more stuff like detergent, Mr. Muscle, Magic-clean and yada yada. We look so blur at Carrefour, every promoter was stuffing their items to us, we wonder if we were conned, but bo bian cause we really don’t know which are the better products. While we were paying, I opened my wallet too wide and my wad of 100 bucks were obvious to people around. The guy after us started to look at SM and I and the money and pretended to look away when I stared at him. Hmm. I shall be more careful next time.. I don’t want break-ins, thefts, robbery, pick-pockets, snatch-theives. The second photo is our dinner. CoCo Crunch! It was on offer and so we bought..otherwise cereals are quite expensive over here.