Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Operating Theatre
-2:22 PM
mi feet hurts like nobody's business!!yesterdae i wore winnie's court shoes..de ones tt i borrowed for bio challenge..dey have been in mi hse for like one year le..hha..hata wear those coz e hospital say e shoes we wear must cover toes and heels and must not be sport shoes etc..u get the idea?..and i dun buy tt kind coz i like to air mi toes..ahah..but so painful..coz mi feet bigger than winnie;s..went ard airing mi feet whenever opportunities arrive..plasters din help a lot..so i went jp to buy new shoes..got nice pointy black heels for 25.10 bucks coz got sale..but i din ask em to wax..
wore those todae..and the blisters i got from yesterdae rubbed against the new shoes and because dey are new..the region at the back of mi ankles was painful and sum skin came off..sort of like an abrasion..now i have blisters at e base of mi left foot, the mi small toes..argh!!prob wear mi normal shoes tml and go to the hos to change..haha..was a pain lor esp when i went for dental appt in e morn..purposely went earlier so i could head to the hos faster..but was still delayed thanks to mi shoes..missed out on the first session-infection control...
todae was a fulfillin and enriching dae at the hos...i was in the operation theatre the whole dae with weeling, weixin and chunzhen..de three of em were dere first coz i got dental..den when i went dere alone..de nurses look aft me quite well..gave me the gown and shoes and shower-cap look alike thingy and mask to wear coz cannot wear normal clothes into the theatre...i tink the outfit quite nice leh..haha..one of the nurses even helped me get lunch since i was goin to spend e whole dae in the operation room..
first operation i saw was e slip-disc one..operated on spine..the surgeons were driving 2 metal rods and 6 screws into the spinal cord to correct it..one disc had slipped out and was pressing on a nerve causing the pain..was quite a major one..i stayed till the end where i watch the doc stitch the patient up..realli interestin de way dey did it..
den went to see caesarian section..tiz was a true eye-opener..din noe our skin so thick coz surgeon had to cut thru several layers b4 i saw the head..b4 tt..the amniotic cavity or wad we noe as e water-bag was cut and amniotic fluid came out..mixed with the blood..so resulted in a bloody scene..but e surgeon and nurses reacted promptly and quickly..got the tube to suck up blood and got dabs to clean it up..den the surgeon used a ladle thingy to scoop the head of e baby before diggin in to lift the baby up..din he sorta fling the baby to a cradle thingy..ha..the baby was white..covered with wax..not bloody at all..nurse EE den explained tt as its a premature babe..its body wil stil have wax tts to help it absorb heat..if full term i dun tink have..den de surgeon pulled out placenta-super bloody..and the uterus..din expect uterus to be tt big..and he pointed to us wad was the ovary..realli interestin..they den sewed the uterus and skin up..diff doc have diff ways of tyin knots i realised..
aft tt..i met jing and linda for dinner at breko at holland v..got smoke dere lor though the upper area where we were at had air con..yuck..but the foods really good and not expensive..
lin going back aussie land...
and..i got accepted in university of edinburgh for psychology..thank God..i applied for various courses in uk..but wad i realli wanted out of those was this..its like 1 outta 5 or 6 options..and i submitted mi form so late..realli thank HIM..praise HIM..yea..