Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
firsT dAe at Mt AlverNia..
-1:23 PM
went to mt alvernia for the first time todae...went dere for med attachm..arranged with cz to come onto the bus i was on..the person whos incharge of us is serene..shes a nurse cum educator..went thru all e intro talk and a corporate video of the hos..
den we went to the Assisi Home and Hospice where people with cancer live..dere are some kids dere as well..dey use to take in ppl without family to look after them but now dey dun..onli got 5 such ppl now..learned a new word..its palative..it means ppl who are terminally ill...wad realli touched me was tiz woman who has had one lower leg amputated..she is bald prob due to the chemo treatment..when sister barbra teng who was e nurse bringin us ard went in to talk to her, sister teng also turn on the radio..the song played was "Jesus loves me this i noe.."..den sister barbra asked her to sing the song with the tape..sister barbra also sang with her..at the line"Jesus loves me this i know"..sumthing unexpected occurred..i became very touched by the faith the patient sang with tt tears welled up in mi eyes..fought hard to prevent em from spillin onto mi cheeks..realli suprisin coz i hardly have such overwhelming emotions...she isn a good singer as her voice is kinda cranky and she doesn think quite well as she has a brain tumour i tink..but her innocent voice to juz sing really touched me..her readiness to sing compared to us..heming and hawing when we have to sing in church...i could really feel her condition thru her voice coz she had to speak with a tube at her throat..
was still ponderin over that when a catholic nun came...was told that her name is christine..den when i took a closer look at her name tag..i got a greater shock..it said sr christine chua..exactly same as mine..dunno y but dere was tiz sudden impact on me tts undescribable esp since it occurred straight aft we left the room..
sister barbra is a real strong catholic..can tell simply from the speech..most ppl at the hos or the hospice are catholics i guess since its a roman catholic church..in a small meetin rm..sister barbra was sharing with us the difference between a nurse and a doc..and made me really feel that not everyone can be a nurse..really need one with compassion for the people..someone with the calling in life..den she went on into sum catholic values..i tink its catholic values coz being a christian, i simply dun believe in them...some of what she said i agree..like when she said about she believing in retribution...tat i believe..coz bible say we gotto pay for wad we did..and God is fair and full of justice..but she oso said tt since we are young, we sld do more good deeds so tt we can have a better life ahead..so tt we can have good marriages..good children etc..i dun believe..i know we have to do good deeds but doing good deeds doesn guarentee the above things..and we shouldn do good deeds with the aim of getting good marriages etc...i mean..correct..doing good is a command of God..as a christian i sld do good..but..isn it for the benefit of others realli..kinda contradictin..but the way sister said was kinda conflictin wif wad i tot...weixin oso felt so and told me later tt this concept belongs to the catholics..
went to e paediatric section and the pharmacy...love the babies...so cute and small...as for pharmacy..i dun tink i wil opt for tt in uni..not wad i wanna do...its not the uncountable number of chemical names i have to memorise tt puts me off..its the routinal job tt i don like..i don like routine..but the chemical names are realli bad..zillions of them with diff functions..ahah..