Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Sunflowers~and China’s 60th Anniversary.
-11:49 PM
I was walking by the Fang Zhuang’s back alley on day when I saw this. The area currently under construction used to a row of eateries we used to patronised. It became a pile of mess once the construction began and it suprised me to see this: A healthy sunflower tree growing upwards, bending towards sunshine, leaning on whatever support it could get to hold the prettiest part of itself-the sunflowers that are only found at the top. And that is despite the mess and metal around it.
Its spoke of perseverance, of growing despite difficult circumstances,the lack of support(nutrients) and encouragement(pruning) but grabbing whatever opportunities given along the way and finally pressing on towards the goal, never ever giving up. :)
Never Let you go – Janice Wei Lan
The rain, just never seems to bring
the joy,I feel the same everlasting pain of my loss remains
My heart, can’t seem to learn to part
the hold you left your mark
all that I dreamed of now it seems so stark
Though I told myself won’t hold my breath
a part of me was dying
there is nothing left for me to do now but give in
If you gave me one chance to tell you how I was feeling
I would sing to you and tell you
I won’t live my life without you
If you gave me one chance to tell you just how I was feeling
I would hold your hand and look in your eyes
and you know I’d never let you go
The way, you left me on the train
I don’t know what to say
I remember everything that day
I can’t believe we’d never dance
I just need one more chance
to share the sunset our one last romance
Though I told myself won’t hold my breath
a part of me was dying
there is nothing left for me to do now but give in
If you gave me one chance to tell you how I was feeling
I would sing to you and tell you
I won’t live my life without you
If you gave me one chance to tell you just how I was feeling
I would hold your hand and look in your eyes
and you know I’d never let you go
***
Today 1st October 2009 is China’s 60th Birthday! Its really a grand affair. I was out yesterday when a traffic police shoo-ed me off the road to the pavement. I could only cross the road after he waves his flag. A lot of the shops were closed after lunch yesterday and Carrefour was packed with people..never seen so many people there before. For the past few weeks, there are always 2 guards or 4 guards on patrol on the overhead bridge outside my estate. I think all the efforts are to ensure that no mishaps or accidents happen at this crucial time. I’m amazed that China can beautify itself by so much in just a matter of days. Its so clean in some areas, I don’t believe this was were I was last year. I’ve never felt so safe here.
I watched the parade this morning with FU who came over to my place. It was held at Tian An Men Square and it was really grand with President HJT being the parade commander, commanding the parade from a car. There were so many uniform groups, so many army vehicles all marching in sync and in perfect timing. There was this group with white uniforms that gave off the most perfect white I’ve ever seen…its like darlie on advertisement. Everything was done to perfection…even the weather. It has been cloudy and misty,even drizzling the past few days. It was such too in the early morning but when 10am came, it was bright and sunny and I could see the blue skies. FU and I think that they must have shot something up to control the weather. It is possible cos they did it for the snow last year. Still the parade was good, everything in unison. The colours were bright and the card flipping was fast, like within 1 sec, a new picture was formed. There was a parade procession and we thought that it would be something like Chingay but no, the procession is big,maybe like the width of the running track and it never seemed to end. The route is really long and most of the traffic was blocked since yesterday. The rehearsals are normally done at night. I dont know if this is true but the students run 8rounds first during rehearsals to train their stamina cos its really a long walk(imagine how long the walk is when most of the roads in Beijing are blocked off for this) and if you faint,you run 8more rounds when you wake up.
The air performances were nice as well with the fighter planes in their ‘V’ formation giving of coloured air as they passed. At 8pm at night, there was the night performances still at Tian An Men Square. The ministers and all were having an open-air dinner banquet while the performances went on. I wished I could have been there just for the fireworks.