Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, September 27, 2009
A Day I’ll Never Ever Forget.
-11:36 PM
Uncle Chee, my dad’s colleague, came to BJ a few weeks ago for a course. A couple of my dad’s colleagues came and my dad was suppose to come if not for some report that he had to submit. So I went with HM, my junior to meet Uncle Chee at 前门,a tourist spot which I have only been to ONCE.haha~. HM’s dad, my dad and Uncle Chee works in the same dept and he was to pass HM a bag of barangs from her family and my 3 bottles of OpticFree. Yes I know they sell contact lens solution in China BUT I just don’t trust them esp when imitation is so rampant here.
HM and I had problems locating Uncle CHee because we were new to the newly furnished place or rather, half furnished place and the guard pointed us right when we were suppose to turn left.
THe newly furnished area, with a tram!:
The place honestly looks more like Europe than China!
I totally so love love love this area. Its so Europy and so clean and the ground is flat and they have H&M, Zara Guys and Zara Woman in 2 separate shops, Uniqlo, etc etc, all the foreign brands! I’m going to bring N and my family here when they visit in Dec!
The tram!!!!! :D.Know why we took so long to locate Uncle Chee? COs the guard said turn right and walk to the end and we did but Uncle was waiting for us at the other end! So,if people use tram actually to get from one end to the other, realise how long we took by foot!
And then you turn into another alley:

An you get an ancient city! :)
Uncle Chee treated the both of us to a meal at the 狗不理restaurant. He had originally wanted to treat us to 全聚德, a famous shop selling roasted duck but he had already eaten that 3 times and we felt bad asking him to treat us to such an expensive meal, we declined him but he still wanted to eat at a restaurant and so we did and its a meal of a lifetime, not because of the food…
The food at the restaurant was great.


SCALLOPS!:D
Great food. Even the liver, which was a cold dish was nice, seriously it was nice. And we were chatting happily and I heard the sound of sirens and I was commenting that ‘hey,is it because China’s 60th birthday is coming and so the police are patrolling with their sirens?’ After a while, the manager of the restaurant walked towards us and told us that 10people have been stabbed outside the restaurant and the villain(s) have not been caught. He wanted us to finish our meal quickly and get out of the area and explained to us that his workers have closed the doors and are guarding the entrance of the restaurant and the police are barricading the entire area and combing for the villain(s) in the alleys. I don’t know if it was the right thing to do but we just da-bao everything and made our way to the entrance. The workers did not want to let us out (perhaps he was afraid that the bad guys may rush in) but they did and the police only allowed us to walk in a single file,close to the wall although the street was very wide. THey shouted at us to run faster and we started running. I asked a policeman if they had caught the bad guys and he said no and I really ran. It was quite messy and you never know if the bad people were amongst the crowd. I was praying not to be stabbed cos the villian was aiming foreigners and well, the 3 of us stood out a lot. I had never seen so many police cars and even the big vans. I have never seen the police making a human barricade just to prevent the bad guys from running away and also to allow tourists to make their way to the safety zone.
We ran out of the barricaded area and into this ulu ulu area where we saw a cute little shop with all sorts of paintings and tea sets. Its really cute and I would wanna buy something from that shop before I return to Spore. Uncle Chee bought something while HM and I were entertained by this:
I don’t know if its a cricket or a cicada but we were glad that its in a cage but it was making a lot of noise and so we decided to check it out!

THe policecars.We had to go by a roundabout way since that area was cordoned off and the streets left were all one-way streets. and because of that, we realised that if had gone a certain direction from the start, we would have met Uncle Chee within 5 mins- We actually went in a circle but its ok…at least I got the chance to check out the new area!