Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, August 20, 2009
My 1st appearance on Straits Times on NDP’09 while in Beijing!
-5:49 PM
Happy 44th Birthday Singapore!!!!
Last Sunday,about 90% of my class had pre-registered with the Singapore Embassy in Beijing to attend the Live Telecast of the National Day Parade at the Embassy. It was a rainy evening but that didn’t dampen our mood. All of us still came happily and excited, decked in our red and white gear. We had to arrive at 6pm and the telecast would start at 630-645pm.

Upon arrival, we had to show our passports and get our goody bag which they DHL over from Singapore. I got the veggie green one and wanted the lime green one,BUT this PRC woman din allow me to do so. She say that they have to clear everything. The Singapore lady wanted to and I think she felt bad when that PRC said that I couldn’t change cos she kept telling me that my bag can be folded to look like a tote bag etc etc.
Inside the hall. Check out the familiar pictures of President Nathan and his wife. We were happy to see the familiar lion head too.
Merlion! Means a lot to me for various reasons. :P.
Ta-dah! Do you believe I was giving a speech?:)
We were excited to see CHANNELNEWSASIA and Cheryl Fox..hahah.
:).We never know how much Singapore meant to us till we left it. We were so excited we wished every Singaporean we met along the way to the Embassy a happy National Day. We never knew we could be this patriotic. We never said pledge nor sang the anthem with such pride and gusto. We miss our home,our little red dot.

A really cute little gal! The Ambassador.
Live from Singapore! A sea of red and white.
The commander. Familiar face? :P.haha~
Some of the foodies!!!Well, of course the ones in Spore taste better but im really grateful for these! We had laksa, chicken rice, bak kut teh, cheng teng etc etc.
Thereafter the area in front of the screen became a chid-care area with us playing with the kids. I recognise some cos they are kids from my Sunday School.
With HX and her dad standing in the background. I was testing her, asking where have she seen me. She answered : Church.
Naughty Ben Ben and Jon Jon. I THOUGHT they were quiet. I was wrong.
Ooo, I like the plump boy on the left. He came to make friends with us cos we were attracting KIDS.haha.and no, its not because of our mother instincts nor is it due to our hormones kicking in.
The twins enjoyed sparring with us. and in the end, it turned out to be a drumming session.
We took our pledge at 8.22pm,sang the songs with the ppl at Marina and were disappointed when the whole thing ended so early and decided to sing the National songs by ourselves. We seriously attracted a lot of commotion, hyped up the entire embassy that people stayed back to enjoy the company. Even Lianhezaobao and several companies came to screen us!
US!
PrimaTaste were giving free pre-mixes….which expired on the 13th August!!!!
At night.
Look what we ended up with:
Zooming in. Done by the boyfriend. ha.
A national day to remember. My first national day overseas. One of the most exciting one ever. My friend was saying :”for those years we didn’t sing with our hearts, we gave back everything, probably more than those at the parade, tonight.”