Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, July 27, 2009
My fingers-one moment on the keyboard,the other moment, feeding the flames.
-7:02 PM
I had morning shift yesterday and so I couldn’t go to BICF. Instead, I went with some classmates,some local students to a Korean Church! One of our seniors in a Korean Christian and she brought all of us there. There were non-believers and locals amongst us and we were excited.It was at a really far far ulu place which upon arrival, we thought we were in the outskirts. But the building itself is ok,just that the surroundings look kind of ulu.haha.
We arrived early to practise Amazing Grace and a Korean song which we were going to present later on during the service because this church has a practice where new-comers can go on stage to sing a song. It was my first time in Bejing, hitting the keyboard in church while a small group sing. It has been my wish for a while to be able to do this again cos the last time I did so is about 2 years ago? I am so thankful to God for giving me this opportunity,what more, its with my friends and I had a guitarist and a drummer! So fun to play in a band again! Its a pity that we didn’t have any photos for the actual performance because we were on stage!
After practising for a while, we went to play games amongst ourselves. The high-light: THE BLANKET GAME. We normally play it during orientation in Singapore and everyone thinks that oh,its that boring game again. But haha, it turned out to be the funnest game, esp with our local seniors cos we can’t remember their names and they can’t remember ours too! And we did a lot of silly things to confuse the opposite team!

On the left is the D holding the blanket and the opposite team(oh ya, the one that loses join the opposite team) and on the right is HZ 师姐,the Korean that brought us to the church!
INtRodUcinG: My FIRST group-cos we kind of kena trash the first round till there was only A and I left. Wahaha~
It got rediculous that everyone was laughing so hard.
Second round where all the funny tricks started appearing (apologies for the lousy shots but I was really laughing so hard I couldn’t hold my camera properly):

#1: WJ 师兄using the board to block his face so that the other side will take a longer time to react. We thought we’ll be smart and initiate such a 招 but when the blanket fell, LH 师姐was hiding behind a guitar! hahahahahh~
#2: My team again! XQ with the blanket around her head! Send both teams into laughter and banging of floors when the blanket drop.
My senior used the same blanket to block half of my face when it was my turn! hahaha~.

#3: This was what I saw when it was my turn,when my face was half covered with the pink purple blanket. A and HZ were suppose to act like they were the ones I am suppose to guess but too bad, my group had a smokescreen too & I saw D in time so blurt out his name.haha.
Bet you’ve never played the blanket game this way before!hahahah!
THe next game: 007
Language medium: Chinese
One person says ‘0’ and points to another,the other says ‘0’ and points to another,that person says ‘7’ and points to another who points to another and says ‘棒’ and that person dies while the 2 ppl next to him/her has to raise both hands. But the one that dies start the cycle again by saying ‘0’ while pointing to another person and the game goes on until someone gets the 0-0-7 order wrong or someone forgets to raise their hands.
My senior doing her forfeit: Writing her name with her butt. Its new to them!
Game 3: Squirrel-Trees-Earthquake! (Mandarin Version)
They were playing this game while some of us were getting the music right:
Thereafter,we had Korean dinner prepared by the church. Yummy! Its AUTHENTIC!
Service: Korean but with Mandarin Translation.
In Singapore, I used to attend a church with has English-Mandarin translation and I felt it was perfectly fine. Couldnt really understand why some people didn’t like it until I came here and realise that its a little difficult to get the whole message when there is a language I don’t understand. I would hear something in Chinese and then the Korean speaker speaks,by the time the Chinese comes,I would have forgotten what was said earlier. But its ok, I still really really felt it was a good service nonetheless. The Koreans really sing their lungs out…we should learn and sing this way, give our all for Christ. Musically-wise,not the best but in a community singing, its one of the better worships I’ve heard in a while. One can really feel their adoration for Him.
陪你去看流星雨落在这地球上。。。wahahaha~
It was 9pm when we left and suddenly I told CE a way to find out if one is left-brained or right-brained and because GF was the one that taught me, I asked him again if the method was right and hey presto! Everyone was doing it! Hence the above picture. :P
Incidentally, I discovered recently from the brain test and also from my hands-on that, I could really be a right brainer.
1.The test showed that I’m right brain.
2.Given a new-task,I tend to use my left hands to grab the instruments or use it as my master-hand instead of the right. Yes,my right hand has more strength but thats because I’ve been trained to use my right hand for 20+ years!
3.I prefer art/music rather than science and math seriously although I hate it when I do my mental sums wrongly or when I can’t deduce certain stuff.
4.I can draw and design stuff..some of them, hee, I’m secretly proud of. But I’ve given the nicer stuff I made to my family and NTZW.
***
During acupuncture intern this morning, I was doing 拔罐 for a patient and my senior was helping me change the cotton wad when mine got used up. I was holding the sugical scissors upright and he was stuffing the wad between the scissors and some of the ethanol in the wad dripped down along the scissors and onto my hands. I didn’t realise though cos its really just a bit.
Then I used the lighter and lit up the cotton and woah, the fire was big and it spread down the scissors to my HAND! I didn’t panic suprisingly but I gave a shriek and tried to use my other hand to hold the scissors and my other hand caught fire too. My senior was shouting to me to drop the scissors and so I did so while wacking my hands to my side and flinging my hands around and the flames on my hands disappeared. My senior was wearing CROCS and he stepped on the scissors and his crocs caught some flames and he was stamping the ground to put out the flames. All the flames died out finally, thank God, althought yes, the flames did spread a little on the floor.
THe senior grabbed my fingers and asked if it was painful. My teacher came and ask me to go soak my fingers under the water or take one of the 罐,fill it up with water and stick my fingers in but there were none cos they were all on the patient. I filled the sink with water and placed my fingers in. It was really not painful suprisingly but when I took it out, the pain came and I put it in again. But it really was a lot less painful than I expected. It was more of the spreading of flames which caught my attention and I cannot imagine myself in an area with flames spreading all around. That would be scary.
I thank God that when I finally got bored and took my fingers out, there were no blisters, no burned scars, no dead skin. My skin looked perfectly fine. Like a miracle seriously cos the flames were really on me. My senior felt bad but I felt that there was reason to feel bad cos i should have been more careful myself. A while later, I was doing the 拔罐 again. I was a little apprehensive,a little afraid of the lighter and its flame, wiped my hands one million times before doing but it was ok. Till now, my skin is still perfectly fine and I give thanks for it.
My fingers have always been a part of me which I treasure cos without them, I can’t play my piano and I thank God for protecting them the many times where they could have become de-formed. E.g. When they got crushed by the slamming of the door of the van which ended up with me wailing and a rush down to the best bone hospital in Xi’an and this time, when the flames were on me.
The experience reminded me of my FYP where my thumb got burned by the steam after I microwaved my gel mixture. That was utterly utterly painful,left dead skin and took a while before the scar disappeared. Well, at least it did disappear.