Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Broadway Muscial-The Cats
-11:39 PM

The Broadway Muscial, The Cats came to Bejing and was on every night last week at the Beijing Exhibition Theatre. Tickets were selling at 280RMB,880RMB and 1000++ RMB and we got the 880RMB tickets for the 24/9/09 via the Black Market. This is how it works: THe government in her efforts to make her citizens appreciate musical and art would give free tickets for such shows to her citizens. Some appreciate, some don’t and those that don’t would rather sell the free tickets to us for a price lower than the original so that they gain and we gain (although monetary-wise, they gain more than us.). M went early to the theatre and queued for the original tickets at the ticketing booth. Not long later, a local came up to her and asked if she was interested to get the tickets at a lower price and so she checked it out and told A and I who were going only in the evening.
M agreed with Guy 1 to get the tickets at 500RMB each. When A and I met up with her, she told us that Guy2 said that he could sell for 450RMB each. And so I became greedy and said ok, lets go for the cheaper one then cos I seriously felt guilty for spending so much on a musical although its Broadway and a really good show with great music and dance. We sat inside KFC to wait. Guy 2 then told us that the 880tickets were already sold and we had to get the 1000++ones for 780RMB. We were all pissed. M quickly contacted Guy 1 and pleaded with him to help us. He said he had already sold those 2 of the 3 tickets cos there were many waiting outside the theatre for the tickets(which is true). We pleaded and he agreed to help us get new ones but 3 for 1550RMB and we just paid cos we wanted to watch.
The musical was great. Love the coordinated dance movements and how the songs and the dance are weaved into a story. It was really exciting and fun when during the cats ran along the aisle during certain scenes of the muscial. During the intermission, the cats came down, made some poses and allowed us to take photographs of them. ANd they can really pose really well! :
Hee, towards the end when the happy songs were sang, the cats came down and I shook hands with one of them! haha~.
I still prefer Elaine Paige in the London cast who sang Memory but this one does very well too..just a matter of preference cos when I did Memory, I listened to E.Paige. singer. I was oddly touched when all the cats decided to accept Grizabella back to the Jellicle Tribe. The cats one by one went up to Grizabella who was at one corner and touched her, a sign which shows acceptance. Don’t know why I was touched …maybe because it talks about forgiveness and giving another a chance..or maybe it talked about family and acceptance as that of the prodigal son in the Bible.
I like the songs ‘Jellicle Song for Jellicle Cats’;’Naming of the Cats’,’Invitation to the Ball’, ‘the Jellicle Ball’,’Memory’,’Mr.Mistoffelees(love it)’..

My ticket!

I bought the programme note(now i understand why I had to do a programme note for performances..nv understood why till now) and a DVD with Andrew LLoyd’s collection of songs compiled for 50yr’s anniv. I didn’t buy the Cats soundtrack and am regretting a little cos its only 50RMB and its nice..din buy cos i was rationalising that I can find the songs on youtube..hmm..