Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thoughts~
-11:49 AM

My dad is coming to visit me on the 1st of April!! So happy..but it would be better if all could come but dont think its possible cos my brother has O levels while my sister has A levels. Its nice to have people visiting me finally! Beams*
At church last week, I dont remember the entire sermon but one thing that struck was:when we first became Christians, we were on fire for God and willing to do anything and everything for him. Yet as time pass and we became more "mature" in the faith, the human flesh came in. Pride came in. Were we doing what we were doing for ourselves or for Him? If its for ourselves, we will find ourselves stuck and God's power cant flow through us, his vessels. Its only when we do it all for him and ask him to rid us of all that is not of him that we can be clean vessels, a channel for his power and love to flow through us to others.
Yesterday, A and I went shopping together. She just became a christian after she came to china last year and it was interesting to hear her talk about her experiences. She was the one encouraging me suprisingly and she asked me several questions about the faith, about God, about life etc. I felt really touched and encouraged by this friend whom I only got to know really well after she became my internship buddy. She taught me once again to rely totally on God, telling me to pray when I face difficulties. She said something about a broken heart being opened once again to allow God's love to flow through. A humbling 3 hour experience as we shared about our lives. It taught me to have simple faith, child-like faith once again.
For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalms51:16-17