Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Saturday, March 21, 2009
-4:00 PM


"People's ideas and fears can make them small- but they cannot make you small. People's prejudice can dimish them- but they cannot dinimish you."
I got to know something someone thought about me that is not entirely wrong but not entirely correct as well.Half-truth maybe? Or are there even half-truths in the world? In anycase, I was so upset with the statement and all I could do was cry. Yet I give thanks, simply because the person I cried to was the Father. How many times have I depended on Man and have been disappointed? As His Word says in Psalm 118:8-9(part of my day's devotion), "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put conidence in princes.". The re-iteration of the first half of both statements (which if I didnt remember my BS materials wrongly,is a form of Hebrew poetry) jumped at me as I read the whole chapter. No, I didnt read this only after I that unpleasant statement, I read it beforehand. Many parts of this simple chapter spoke right to me and I chose to simplify them, not digesting nor reflecting upon what God was telling me.
Back to the unpleasant statement story. People judge and yes, people do judge, I judge too, even when the Bible states so clearly to please check yourself before you even dare to check others. But at the end of the day,it comes to mind that being judgemental and narrow-minded often poses as an impediment to personal growth. More often than not, it reflects the person that judge more than it does the person judged.
I don't like to be compared with. I don't like to be mis-judged. But I can't control how people think and how they react. Daddy told me once that in life,there will be people who think negatively about you,so the most important thing is just do what you want and be true to yourself regardless of how or what people think. If people want to say then let them. In anycase, to whatever people have to say, I'll listen, I'll reflect but I'll take in things that are going to build me up or correct me in a positive way. I'm tired of taking in words that pull me down, wasting time feeling sad and thinking of ways to correct that mis-conception when I can be using the time for other things. I'm so not going to do things for the sake of pleasing people. I'm going to do things that pleases Him.
Reminds me of a poem I learned in Primary School days when poems were the 'in' thing to write in autograph books: Sticks and Stones will break my bones but words will never harm me.
What you are today is God's gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God. ***
At the kindergarden near my place, one cherry blossom tree bloomed. It was a pretty sight cause it stood out admist the others which were just of branches.