Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
AnnTIC 2007
-2:28 PM
Theme: Wake up your idea!
I must say AnnTIC was a great experience for me, despite being the only NTU CFer and not knowing anybody on the first day, and therefore twiggling with my phone at kranji station where campers were to gather! ha. Perhaps it was also good that I was there by myself, since it forces me to make friends.haha.But i was glad when sanmei came the 2nd day after being stuck at the HK airport on Sunday and thus, missing first day of camp.
Anyhows, my gp is gp 10-A.M.O.S-A medley of sounds/A mixture of smells.
IBS 101 was pretty good. THough I've pretty much done the techniques before, it was like doing the framework without knowing technicalities. Sometimes, its good to know the technical aspects cause it provides me with better knowledge of what exactly i am doing and it also gives me a better platform to explain in CGs why we've got to do this and that and also to teach someone else in the future.
Workshops-wise, I went for Emotions in Christianity and Islam. Ok, I must admit that I was supposed to go for Denominations but after listening to what my friends learned, I decided to jumpship and go for the Islam one. The Islam workshop was interesting, particularly cause I dont know much about Islam from the start except the fact that Judaism, Islam, Christianity have pretty much the same history before the time of Abraham, Issac and Ishmael. Issues like so are the Muslims and Christians worshipping the same God were discussed. Really interesting such that I kind of want to read the books recommended and this is something for someone who dislikes reading.Emotions in CHristianity-we did not have enough time to finish up the workshop, so i kind of felt incomplete for this one. A question posed was how should we approach grudges? So the answer was since we are all Christians,we should give and take, especially with the small, nonsignificant issues. It should not have a foothold on us. So I asked back: what if we do not care, till it hits a point of indifference? Ans: A pot, as it gets more filled up, does not get empty. As the Christian's love for one another and as a Christian's heart for one another gets bigger,we learn to forgive and let go. Not allowing the issue(s) or the person to bother us does not mean we are indifferent towards the issue or the person, but that we take an attitude of love towards that, even if it means rebuking in love.
The themetalks at night were on the book of Amos and we finished all 9 chapters with discussion and all. Oh man! Each night at 11+ when we all break into groups for discussion over what Gideon Yong(speaker) has said, I can just feel the lethargy. Even during the talks, midway thru, I can feel myself drifting off so much so I am actually cautious during prayer that I dont doze off and miss the Amen! Every night at 11, Andrew's eyes will just start turning red and has thus been named Rabbit.But the discussions have been great and I've realised that the key to staying awake both physically and mentally, is to keep talking. -.-
As I observe VCF and NTU CF, I really observe distinct differences. The discussions VCF has are very very very intellectual and I kind of enjoy them, no, actually i like it a lot, cause I like to think a lot.The different perspectives given by people of various backgrounds are interesting and mind-opening. I rememebred during IBS, my groups discussing on the defination of "science". To many, science is you know, math, science, english, that kind of science.Or, if you wanna defination,science is the study of something. But we would normally view it as the study of animals, plants, insects and the list goes on. And here was a FASS student,Liz,who went, social science, is also science, since its also the study of something, and so the Bible is also science and literally everything to certain extent is science. I was thinking, how true.
Many things I learned from this camp, especially in the running of the camp, especially so since i was chairperson for NTU CF Year End Camp. I think as chair, I see every aspect and perhaps, have learned the most. THere are many admin parts that could have been tightened up and parts that could have been improved. Yet, while acknowledging all these, I also wanna hand over the minutes and evaluations of NTU CF YEC that are objective and in line with the vision of NTU CF and not create another VCF camp look alike.
Exco Time I: We had mini amazing race in context of a school within Majodi. Each person was randomly given a piece of paper telling us which stations we had to go and how many times we had to go to that station and whether or not we needed travelling. We were encouraged to go to other stations not listed in the paper and this instruction being "encouraged", i kind of disregarded it. So, i completed all my stations well before the time and when to play cards with the other early birds. By the way, after this game, I can memorise the vision of CF word for word. In the end during evaluation, there was this girl that gave a wrap up of the game. I cant remember much but the thing that struck me was: I was too focused on getting all my stations completed, that I neglected the QT station and did not go there although it was on my list. My first reaction was that, well, its a game, since its not on my paper, I dont go. Nothing wrong wad. But what about real life? THe QT station was deliberately located far away from the rest. People had to sacrifice time and put in effort to go there. Its the true in reality isnt it? In busyness, do we still take time to be still before God? Do we put in the effort? Or is it mere routinal? We always say God doesnt speak to us, but are we listening to God?
Exco Time II:Well, this was a court scene. THe motion: VCF is a dublicate for the church, it has too many programmes and it keeps us all too busy. There were other accusations as well but the above two are the ones my group was suppose to defend.The prosecutors are Gabriel(dino) and Jasmine(staffworker), with the judge being Stephen. THe defence are us. And of course for each part, the defence representatives are the lawyers. Most if not all gave face and did not grill the witnesses too badly although there was one that asked in a manner, the witness was trembling and i mean literally; there was one that was out of point; there was one that told the prosecutors to re-read their law texts cause the playing out of the rules. The stuff raised were real issues faced in all CFs or Christian organisations today. Stephen also shared on the 6 distinctives using a personal story which i felt was a good approach rather than what most will do-regurgitate it from our memory. I've always wondered how to link the distinctives to our personal lives and i tink this taught me how to. The only problem with Exco Time II:its like 4 HOURS LAH! and i power napped a while and studied and memorised medicine student's notes awhile and it still took so long!But it was mostly due to the defence and some out of point parts. heez.
Really glad i went for this camp and played games with the VCF-fers during free time instead of sleeping. ha! At first, was contemplating not going and going out of the country instead.
God spoke.
And its really amazing that NTU CF and VCF has exactly the same direction for this year.
:)