Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, December 03, 2006
My suprise b'dae party
-5:39 PM
Oki, I just reached home and bathed but I've to blog this down and also revive my stagnant blog.
Today was spent at Huiru's place. Rae and I had organised this some time ago cause rae had wanted to give Shari a birthday suprise. Shari's b dae is on the 4th of dec. So, both of us planned stuff and got the other ppl in cg to help out too. So, when we reached, we watched The Chorus (Les Choristes) and Akeelah and the Bee. The former is a french film. Both are real inspirational films and I'm not going to blog about what the film is about cos it kills the fun in watching it. I really really really love Les Choristes. Its so lovely, the songs, the characters, the voices. LOVE IT!!! Gang of five, we should watch it together. You all will love it too!!! I am really considering buying it, cos its not junk film and its...nice.
Back to the story: By 5, (we reached the place at 315pm), the guys have yet to reached and the guys were suppose to bring food and drinks and the BIRTHDAY CAKE. Kash had to leave at 5. So, i was calling Sam and asking Rae and Huiru what time they would reach. By the time they reach, Kash had left and we just all watched Akeelah and the Bee together. After that, the guys went to the kitchen to cook dinner. It was a simple but really nice meal. I mean, i cant even cook properly. haha. After that, we played Taboo. It was so funny and HUiru actually RECORDED me!!!man!! cos they said that I looked so stressed and so funny describing the words. Haha! Halfway through, the lights were dimmed and i was asking around why off the lights? Stupid Sam said that because they wanted to illuminate the statue gods in the house and i just believed. Then i saw the birthday cake and thought that oki, they were going to sing birthday song to Shari, so I sang happily with them. It went: Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Shari.....and CHRISTINE...Happy birthday to you. I was like...what! I whipped my head around and noticed that even the birthday cake had both our names written on it. It had two big large candles cos we are both 20. Man.. i was like how suprised cos i thought that i was the big organiser. Now it all makes sense, why during Mabel's 21st party, they were asking me to think of what I would like for a present when we were brainstorming for Shari's present. I had thought why I had to think of what i would like myself but since they all look like they were thinking hard of what they themselves would like for a present, i kept quiet. And no wonder, while in Huiru's house, they didn allow and didn tell me what they were writing in Huiru's room. I had thought that they were writing a card or smth to thank me for being their cgl and lada lada. hah, but they were writing on a big blue board. It was one board divided into two in a puzzle form, one for Shari and one for me. I also had a butterfly pink box with a cup, a pair of earrings, a badge, a sash, two hairpins/hairsticks(the kind you stick into your hair).
I honestly was very happy even at the birthday cake stage. Cos, I had nv had a birthday party in my life for my past 19 years. Every year, i would wonder who would remember my birthday and with whom will i celebrate it with, cos it seems that my birthday always coincides with the hols in pri and sec and JC, while it coincides with the exams in uni. When i turned 18, i asked God if i will have to spend my birthday alone when i'm nineteen and was expecting it to be so. But hey, Hb and Gwen treated me to Country Manna at Suntec. It was pretty ex I remembered. 50 plus bucks for 3 ppl. They apparently had started saving before my birthday. They had allowed me to choose and I chose that cos someone(i tink its winnie) said that COuntry Manna serves nice food but i've nv been to it. For this year, i had thought that i would b spending my bdae with my notes cos i had exam. I was mugging on my bdae, i had expected well wishes but haha, i nv expected a suprise party. Meant really a lot to me.
How interesting that this came from my dear cg. I still remember when i first took up the role to be their cgl, how afraid and not confident i was because I had never led before and I dont really know how to and what to say, afraid that I would fumble. I was also worried cos my cg was the smallest to begin with. Of course i did fumble but i did pray too that in any case, I will just do my best regardless of the situation and regardless of the size of the group. Man, it really grew since then and i think its safe to say that its the biggest now, and i tink a really well-gelled group who looks out for one another. They initiated their own informal cg for themselves staying in halls during the exams and took the initiative to start a google group and email prayer requests. I couldn have ask for a more supportive group. Always sharing openly and happy to lead worship. They even told me that other ppl had told them that our cg was a source of encouragment to others. Indeed, it is not the size of the group, or how well our linguistics or skills are, its just how much we want to serve and obey God to our fullest. And indeed, it was Him, blessing and leading the CG, giving all of us wisdom, bonding us together into friends accountable for one another, touching and changing lives. GOD IS GR8.