Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, August 04, 2006
-3:30 PM
I was supposed to wake up at 930 today so that I can do QT and then go meet Grace at J8. But then, I woke up and off my alarm and went back to sleep, waking up at 10.05. From my place to J8 takes around 1 hr and 10 mins by train. So by the time I got ready, I changed the meeting time to 1220 instead of 12. Reached Bishan at 1210 and was suppose to meet her at the push-cart that sells Christian t-shirts. I have never done proper walking around in J8 so I didnt know where that push-cart was. Even though i reached 10 mins earlier but we still met at 1235 or something coz she didn bring her phone and i was calling her and msging her and wondering why didn she reply. Thank God i had her house number in my phone. Call her home and her maid said that she had already gone out but had forgot to take her phone. Got the directions to the push-cart and finally saw her. Haha. Went to food court to eat lunch and then headed to NTUC to buy ingredients cause the two of us were going to B-A-K-E! Haha.
By the time we reached her house it was 2 plus and so we started. Her maid helped us a lot. Without her maid, we would probably still churn out the pastries but the kitchen would probably look as if a tornado had hit it-I din noe i had to pour the honey out into the cup..I was going to scoop it out. Laugh*Imagine scooping thick viscous honey. Yea. and finally when i poured it out, guess what, i din know how to stop it...You know, honey is so sticky, it simply follows out in a thin thread. Haha. We were goofing around and playing with the food. Grace simply ate as she did the stirring etc. The table was so clean, we ate whatever that spilled onto the table. By the way, we made (i dont remember the exact name) honey-coated cornflakes in cupcake wrappers and white+plain chocolate cookies. The cookies are the size famous amos sells as lollies. ANd it taste good! haha...we were so proud of ourselves, coz at first we thot we burned the cornflakes and we thot that the cookies would turn out weird coz we din use the type of sugar stated and the type of chocolate they wanted. We used normal sugar for first batch, then brown sugar for sec batch and we used Cadbury chocolates. Even took photos with it(something learned from winnie..hees) While waiting for the batches of cookies to be completed in the oven, Grace showed me pics of her and her family since young as well as her school, church etc. Haha..quite Interesting...Then, wrote stuff in the cards meant for the MEET sups, before da-baoing the cookies and cornflakes and going down to meet my foc group for dinner(so nice of them to take their own initiative).
We were suppose to meet at 6pm at city hall but i was late coz i was at Grace's place. Anyway, we ate Marche. The dinner and company was good..laugh and laugh non-stop. At least the guys could ta-han our girly talks abt "a lot of things" and gave us their "most-valued" opinions. Deniece is thinking of not matriculating but going to Bible School cause she feels her calling there and doesnt want to study Lit. Her interest was in mass comm in the first place but she din get it. For the rest, they were basically excited about school i guess yea...but i cant stand the thought of hitting the books again. I offered the cookies and cornflakes at Marche but the waiter said"no outside food allowed". Oh well. Then after that, we went to Coffeebean and I offered them again. Hee. They said it was good, better than coffeebean's. Hee. Grace, happy????haha..Then, they asked me to say that my cookies are better than coffeebean's and I said it super loudly and my freshies stared at me. Hees. After that, Shawn and Jim started "advertising" Mac(as in the com brand, not the make-up brand..) to us-computer-illiterate ppl, telling how user friendly and nice and pro it was. They were so in-sync and so we suddenly came up with an idea of a cafe thing where i sell my cookies, qimei, her pastries and the guys in one corner marketing the Mac com. muhahahaha.
Took the train back with Deniece and talked. She stays at Chinese Garden area and I alight at lakeside..finally got people take train back with me. She shared about how challenge she was by my statement of " being a Christian who happens to be a student rather than a student who happens to be a Christian". Was suprised and happy by that coz when I shared it just came out like that. The statement is actually from a book written by Joshua Harris. Prior to that, I thought I could not remember things I read from books, much less quote them. Was challenged by it myself and felt that the way the words were arranged were quite interesting too.
Tomorrow I've dental at 845 at AH, den a meeting at 2pm at Nanyang House and church at 730. Man! my travel expenses and the timing is like so...argh....
I want to be a Christian that happens to be a student, rather than a student who happens to be a Christian. J.H