Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Phones...Trains...
-4:11 PM
I seriously think I need to change a new phone. My current white samsung X430 has been with me for over a year. Considering the rate at which samsung phone becomes non-usable and the fact that i use the phone literally everyday, I think my phone has lasted me for quite some time. Since some time back and with increasing frequency, my phone loves to control itself with a mind of its own. For the past few days, every time i reply a msg or send out a msg, the text screen with my half-written msg would jump to the normal screen you get when you just open the phone. The "best" thing is, when i go back to my text box, i realise i have to re-type everything. Its so exasperating especially when you are rushing for time. I think i will type slower and hope that it jumps to the main screen faster so that i can re-type the msg coz normally the second time i try, it works normally. And for monday night, time between 10pm to the next morn on Tues, I did not receive any msgs that were sent to me during those time. And it was irritaing coz i didn know a meeting was cancelled etc. etc. etc. Which phone should I buy? was thinking Nokia coz it has the longest life and most user-friendly. But it does not have nice designs currently...
I've made it a point to stand behind the yellow line and wait for people on the train to alight before i board coz i will not like it if i am the person trying to get out and a whole wheelbarrow of people come charging at me. For a while, i've noticed that Singaporeans love chionging in while people are trying to get out and i am normally the last to finally get in coz the people rushing in and going out become kind of "tangled" up. No wonder Readers' Digest gave us one of the lowest ratings for courtesy. I mean, its so simple just to wait and its not as if the train will run off. A lady with a pram even rolled her pram wheels over my toes just to chiong out. It wasnt painful coz there was no baby in it but i gave her a "look", like "hello, dont rush/push/whatever." She said "sorry" in a way i felt she din mean it. And i dont like it when the train is jam-packed and people literally push so that they get in. Whats more, I am already in the train and they push me inwards to create space for themselves. Take the next train coz its peak hour and trains come at higher frequencies!!!