Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, August 07, 2006
Last day of freedom.
-2:58 PM
Today's post will probably be one of last posts before I lapse back into my pattern of not-blogging for the school term and blogging once the hols arrive. I didnt sleep well the night before and woke up early today, which in anycase was good cause I planned to reach church early since I was suppose to co-lead worship with auntie boon eng and be prelim interpreter. Daddy allowed me to drive the family to church. The verdict given is I am faster than my dad, but my bro says that my dad is safer than I. Opps. Got to work on that one. Anyway, I arrived at church to realise that I am also the Sunday School teacher today, so hurried to read through the materials and plan stuff before going for worship practice with auntie boon eng and the musicians. Thank God everything went smoothly. I was pretty suprised myself that I could interpret rather fluently in both languages considering its my first time doing it proper on a stage setting. Worship was all right too. Yay! Taught Sunday School after prelim. It was the lesson of Daniel interpreting King Nebuchadnezzar's dream. So, taught them a song, read Bible, tell story, Bible quiz, got them to write memory verse and memorise it before singing song and playing a game. Ps Steven said I interpreted very well, that I used the correct words except that I have to be more daring on my tones and pitch, something like singing where we sing using the diaphragm,not so much the voice box. Hah. He said that I am a ren2 cai2. hehe..happy..Praise God.
Drove home after church and received Daryl's msg regarding the CCA booth. Was a bit irritated that he did not take the initiative to inform the people tending the booth although I din state it clearly that it was under his job scope. I thought it was clear that time-table of people tending the booth was under him and we were supposed to be co-workers. Oh well. So, i rushed to msg people, send emails, made sure all the slots had someone in it cause Daryl said he would be home late today. It has been so much work altogether, never thought that doing a cca booth thingy would require so much work. But I think CCF got more to do since they are overall incharge of ECF, CCF and IVCF. I think Daryl felt quite paiseh cause i think my msg to him showed my irritatedness..opps. I think I am going to exceed my sms limit this month coz I must have sent out at least 40 msgs today alone. Printed out briefing stuff, the contact list for freshies before watching tv and falling asleep. I even switched my phone to silent mode so that I could sleep in peace without interruptions. Woke up at 7pm to find 4 miss calls and a msg, all from Vivienne who said that she could help out. Yay!!Thank God. The empty slots were filled by Carlsen and myself. Then just now, at 9 plus, Zhuo Xian said that the location of the booth has been changed AGAIN, like the 3rd time. So, went off to msg people tending the booth. Man..I think I need to improve on my organisation skills cause when organising my own things I tend to be more flexible but I've realised that when organising events stuff, I have to draw up something concrete at least. Hmms..at least what I learned last sem under Management module was a bit useful but, I think experience counts more. Heh.
Tomorrow school starts at 1030pm...Yay...finally not 830 all the way. The school, the dean and lecturers have become smarter and wiser. But have to reach at 930 to help set up the cca booth thing. Hmms. Hope all goes well:) Apart from that, I've cleared my room. Ok, not a thorough one since i cleared it in like half an hour but yea..at least there is space to put my stuff and a space to write and a pathway by which I can walk through the room. So, how was the condition of my room before that is up to your imagination. I think theres even space for a lappie which I am considering to buy so that I can do my work and reports in my room which is quieter than using the two coms in the hall.
Sigh. i am so so so so sian when I think of school. I think I still love my hols. 7Aug came way too quickly. It was only a while ago that people asked me when I ended sem 2 of yr 1 and when asked when I will start school, had the joy of saying "7 Aug" and people will go " Wah, so long!" I am still grappling with how fast time passes. Really, its only when you are uni do your hols feel really like hols. At least, you choose which camps you want to go for, there is no homework, its own time own target, unlike pri,sec and jc where you have to go for certain classes/camps and do homework. The camps and classes are not so bad, infact some are fun coz of the company but not the homework part. Uni classes are like so...diao..and I am closer to CF people and a few people in my course, therefore, I dont really like going for classes. Very hard to just talk naturally, if you know what I mean. And I din feel this way in sec school or jc. Hmms. Feels like I am just going to school, going home, studying. Maybe its becasue I dont stay in hall but i have a feeling that if I do, i will play and commit too much and my grades may just start tumbling down. Squid asked me to check out if NTU offers ballroom dancing, then we both learn together. Jun is also interested. Maybe life wont be that sian. I dont know. Dont even know if I have the time.
Nostalgic.