Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
-2:13 PM
Yesterday was my first time leading cg. Thank God it went fine though we ended at 930 rather than the stipulated time of 9. Opps. Supposed to gather at can A infront of macs at 6 before proceeding to Hall 9 lounge for dinner and cg. Waiting time and some ppl ate first...we only made it there at 7pm. So started off...prayed, den play my heart attack ice breaker...hhaha...that was fun man. Made Samuel and Shari sing father Abraham with actions as forfeit(but we did it with them). Then my forfeit was to sing National Anthem in proper pronunciation and man...i forgot my lines. I cant believe it cos i know i know it man..sing since fmps. Then, did Inductive Bible Study(IBS) intro. It was interesting...some ppl i felt knew more than i did but it was great discussion. Being the facilitator, I learned stuff in a different perspective, whether it be doing the IBS or getting their attention. It was difficult trying to listen to them, follow their train of thoughs when they start shooting off qns and ans and open ended stuff and trying to consolidate and finally talk while making sure i make sense. Its so suprising tt the topic of sexual immorality came up though it had nothing to do with the IBS content. But it seems as though its under His plan cos Samuel had just had a debate on that in his church, so he is the pro and Kash started asking how do we tell ppl that its wrong to be sexually immoral, as in where is it stated explicitly in the Bible that it is wrong(1 Cor 6)?Then came the discussion on baptism and then speaking in tongues, considering that we are inter-D. All in all, it was a great time of fellowship although i must make sure we start on time and end on time. There were abt 15? yesterday. Its growing in size man...i thought it was hard handling this size already, considering we are the smallest group. But seems like its growing..starting 8, den 15, now roughly 23 ppl....which is good coz its great fellowship and its fun to have loads of ppl...except that a number like 12 is better for Bible study. Hmms... got to think of something...hmmss
I just printed a quarter of microbio notes for tomorrow's lec. I am so not gg to print the rest using my home com cause the lecturer uses colour backgrounds for his slides and i cant seem to be able to switch the mode such that black words are printed on white background. Wasted so much black ink just printing 40 slides..out of 117 slides. SO many slides man..and some of his lides are pic pic pic ones. He is a good lecturer, slides are not bad but sooooo many. Gg to print the rest in school tml.
I am only going to buy and have already bought one textbook this sem which is Essentials of Clinical Anatomy cause its no choice. My Tortora one is not clinical. So when the NNI lecturer said, i immediately went to ntu popular to buy and i thought it would be 40 plus bucks but it turned out to be $58!!!!!! The book is as thick as the sec 4 bio textb and its full of pics and words(not that i am complaining) but its so ex! and the next lesson which was the next day, after my purchase, he said tt we could get it from nus where the bookstalls have something like" we will refund you if you can find the book cheaper elsewhere" and the same book cost only $47 there if you are not from nus!!!Argh! pissed off man...den if you can get friends to buy for you, being students in nus, the book will just cost $45. I was like how irritated at ntu popular and at myself for being so gan chiong, not like i needed the book immediately or what. $13 dollars...thats like 2 meals of Macs...ok out of point..but you know what i mean...urgh...heartaches*
someone pls try to convince me that $13 is insignificant although i know its not esp when it comes to buying books.