Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, July 20, 2006
-3:15 AM
I woke up this morning, and the first thing that came to my mind was the cgl thing. I was asking myself why did I want to be a cgl? I mean, I take pride in being a cgl and I feel blessed and honoured that God gave me this chance yet I dont want to overdo it that I take up the role because it seems as if it gives me a status elevation when to me, being cgl is actually about servanthood. And I really want to try out this area of ministry. So I decided that I had better pray properly about it. It was a short prayer but I just told God to impress upon Carlsen what He wanted for the cg and to just equip me with the necessary stuff I would need if I should lead the cg. After that, I started doing my QT. My chapter today was Ecclesiastes 3. The first verse is :To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. I stared at it for a while coz it seemed to be like speaking at me with regards to the cgl thing. It wasnt just this verse, it was literally all the way to verse 15.
3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
3:2
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3:3
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
3:4
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
3:5
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
3:6
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
3:7
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
3:8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
3:9
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
3:10
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
3:11
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
3:12
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
3:13
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
3:14
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
I don't know if it makes sense to you that all these verses seem to be linked to my cgl thing but it just seems that way to me. Verse 13 struck me as being interesting-that the fruit of our labour is a gift from God and we should therefore be happy about it and enjoy it. I mean, thinking as a human, how can my labour, i mean labour, be a gift? Shouldnt a gift be like nice,nice, like a present(to me at least). Yet, how true it is that whatever I have done, my accomplishments, my piano, my everything is infact something God has given to me by His grace and mercy. How true it is that I wouldnt have made it through my A levels and uni semester exams without Him. How true it is that I wouldnt have made it this far if I had my way. Since my labour in Him is a gift, then I should just be happy to accept it. I mean, isnt it good to have things to do? especially meaningful ones? How many people in the world are looking for jobs, meaningful life, purpose in their lives? The verse felt like a verse of assurance, confirmation kind of thing now to think of it. Hehe. I have always thought that mayb one day, i would have the experience of some ppl in my church where they were looking for confirmation and they flip open the bible and it came to rest on a page that spoke directly to their need. And now I do. Yay!hee...its a very special feeling.
Aft QT, I had lunch before heading to Linda's house where the five of us met and chilled. Ate crystal jade pastries and ghim moh/clementi tang yuan. Felt like da bao after that man. Shouldn have ate lunch. Hee. Then went for piano lesson and then cell. After cell, me, gwen, lucy and HB talked till 11. It has been a long time since we talked that much. Yea, but it was an interesting talk coz we shared our difficulties in certain stuff and all.