Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Monday, July 10, 2006
First Day teaching Sunday School
-1:03 PM
Today was my first day teaching sunday school by myself. Compared to the kids in China, and by the numbers too, the kids today are "tamer". Sis Lucy gave a introduction to Gwen, HB and I in the morning before service started because HB and I were supposed to teach sunday school for the last two weeks of July. Sis Lucy herself was supposed to teach today(coz she missed her turn last week) but she was also suppose to worship lead too. So, Ps Melissa asked me to try. The lesson was on Abigail being the peace-maker. I read that before but I kind of forgot. But teaching and reading through the materials helped reinforced what I already knew. It was really the case where I was the teacher but I was learning as well. Skipped worship to read the materials and prepare the craft and stuff coz it was a last-minute thing. Dug through the cabinets to see what I could use. I was like pulling through everythign while trying to be soft..but I ended up banging the cabinets anyway. While preparing and reading through the teacher's guide, I did not feel panicky but I felt kind of unsure before the lesson...like what am I suppose to say to the kids? Will they understand? Will they be restless and bored? Prayed and felt the Holy Spirit and His annointing. Really thank God that its not me doing the work but Him. Thank God that I am just the instrument for Him..I mean, imagine if its me that has to change the hearts of the kids..I cant imagine. That kind of relieved me of the stress and I felt more calm and assured after praying.
So, during the session, I taught them a song(Little by Little by step at a time), made them read the Bible. Do verbal bible quiz after they have read through, like a mini-competition thing. Play stuff like see who can flip to the verses the fastest. Then, did the art and craft. They were supposed to draw an angry face at the back of the plate and a happy one infront. Provided them with crayons, colour pencils, yarn, shiny stuff, paper etc. It was quite nice and they could memorise their memory verse!!!! and I could do it too after I made them recite to me again and again.
Really thank God that they did not get restless and bored but kind of enjoyed the entire thing. Thank Him that helped me despite the short notice and lack of preparation. My first attempt at teaching! yippee
Waiting to watch WC finals.