Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, July 17, 2009
Updates Updates and Updates!
-11:29 PM
Its a long long time since I blogged!Cos ever since China block blogger,I've to use the NTU VPN to access the site.However, the VPN doesn not allow me to upload pictures onto my blog and I've been finding a way to do so ever since! Heres window Life Writer!!Yippe! But this took me weeks too. I downloaded the writer some weeks back but somehow I couldnt type any text file and so i deleted the software and download again but it still didnt work. Last week Friday, I got FU to come over to help me and so we re-did the installation,basically whatever I had done before and it WORKED! Conclusion: The Life Writer doesnt like me!:( Here are some updates anyway for the past weeks: 1. The class had a Singapore Food Festival on the 3rd of June '09. Each household was supposed to come up with a dish to bring to class for dinner. THe housemate's family was here on visit and so she didnt join in the festival. I joined MX and JH and we made ...CARROT CAKE!Its the hawker centre version, not the western cake version by the way!
This is how it looks before deep frying. Prior to this, we grated the radish into shreds,added chinese sausages,flour,water and steam. We steamed several times because it was food for the class using steamer which is used for steaming for a small family. THen when the steaming was done, we cut the cake into how it look like above. Then,get some flour,add eggs,add water and make the batter.Coat the cake slices with the batter and put it into the wok which already has oil heated up for deep frying.Add a little garnish thereafter and ta-dah!
Singapore Carrot Cake!
I learned something new! Heres some pictures of the class Food Fest:
See our carrot cake in the foreground??Hee. We had all sorts of curries,claypot rice,desserts,beancurd tofu(the one with sweet transparent liquid u buy frm the hawker),tomyum,indian biscuit,green bean soup,alphabet soup,lor bah,fried beehoon,malay food etc. Yummie! (I learned how to made the beancurd too..and its soo easy,we're paying a lot more at the hawker centre i feel.hee.)
Mx,Me,JH.
There was a ceremony to thank our class magazine committee for their hardwork. SM is incharge of one section and since she wasnt around, I went to get her present on her behalf and here it is! Its a cute pen which has no ink. haha.
2.Daily livings..
This is strawberry milk tea! It doesn come like that. When you buy it, it has a straw,a packet with the milk tea powder in it and another small container which has atapchee-like stuff and sweet fluid in it(i think its coconut juice) and you mix everything together and you get this! Its too sweet if you add all the fluid but the atapchee like stuff is nice to chew. It has the normal flavour and yam and etc flavours too.
Nice Yoghurt.
3. Piano-Teaching. After church one day, all of us went to the nearby mall,Solana to shop and we ate lunch at foodcourt-like area which had Hongkong stuff and other food more similar to what we eat in Singapore! i bought fried beehoon and black noodles mixed together(you noe, the thing u eat in primary school) and a plate of glutinous rice dium sum. Yummie. Thereafter YY came to my house and I taught her how to play several church songs one the keyboard. We began with me playing and she singing and after that,i decided to teach her.
Trying to remember..

Writing down what I taught in some language she understands..

Zooming in..I had a good laugh.
4.My first year anniv with NTZW.
Preparing a card for him and all my stickers!
One of the stickers.Shall not show you all the rest.:P!
Though he isnt here with me, I still bought this for him just for remembrance sake. We skyped. I like it a lot and dont dare to try the mailing system in case it 'disappears' somewhere along the way.:)
5.It was SB's birthday and I bought her....a LION....pencil case which is really cute!

SB:It really looks more like you in the morn than it looks like me,esp since I've rebonded my hair..wahahahha!
Hee..and inside its stomach,i stuffed 3 Dove chocolates of different flavours,a seaweed biscuit and a card.
6. The story of 2 blue-blacks. I went to the gym last friday and ran on the treadmill for 30mins since the eliptical was occupied. After that,the eliptical was still occupied but i realise that the 动感 which is this 50minute programme where you get onto stationary bicycles and cycle according to the beat of music in a room that looks like disco to me. I walked in,got up a bike,fiddled with the peddles for a while cos you got to fit your foot into something to hold your leg(like the horseshoe of a saddle) and i started. Sometimes you sit on the bike to peddle,sometimes you cant. You follow the instructor infront. Sometimes its slow,sometimes its fast,really really fast with your butt off the seat. Aft sometime, i felt my kneecaps and legs vibrating and i felt as if i was peddaling out of control but i refuse to get off my bike. And this continue for a while until,both legs gave way and i felt forward. I tilted my body to one side to avoid hitting front-on and that left blueblacks on my right tight cos my feet were stuck in the horseshoe like thingies. At that instant i thought my legs will get caught in all the mess cos i really couldnt free myself. I really thank God that I could still pretend everything was ok, get off the bike to check my legs and walk out. I wanted to buy bread but the shop outside the gym is expensive and so i crossed the oeverhead bridge to buy it. And walking up was tiring but ok,walking down was...i rather roll seriously if it wasn for the fact that its dirty and I would incur more injuries.In any case,i didn expect myself to fall while doing the bike..seriously need to work-out more. A/c to A, for newcomers, the instructor will tell them what to look out for and not cheng qiang if they are tired. I didnt know all that and i cheng qiang and look what happened.

Blue-black 1 and Blue-black 2. I spend the night rubbing Zambak after FU left and it was PAINFUL. I could feel the blood clots actually.The above picture was how it looked the next day.Cant wear my shorts or dresses now.:(