Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, November 02, 2008
-1:45 AM
The days after Xi'an, leading up to the exams were so stressful, I seriously thought my head would burst. I was really worried because while I was away in Xi'an, other people have been mugging at home. Given the amount of work to digest for the exams, I began to regret going to Xi'an. Yet, every week, the Lord to tell me not to worry.
THe night before the first paper, i.e.16th Oct,aka my bro's birthday, I did not feel like studying and so I started surfing the internet. The next day, when I did the paper, which was on X-线 and 实验诊断, I either did not know the answers or were unsure of the answers. The fill-in the blanks was a killer cos i could answer one out of ten for X-rays and be certain that that was correct. By the way, our paper is structured with 50marks on X-线 and 50marks on 实验诊断. THe latter was ok to me but the X-rays was like..-.- There was this 6 marks question with the answer just being a one-liner..I had just memorised that part the day before but i totally could not recall what i had read. After the paper, i did not feel too upset actually, which is actually a good thing because I do not want to affect my next paper. So I went to Carrefour to stock up on food for the next 5 days because apart from going to church, I intended to stay at home. But after a while, i got upset over my paper and got N to call me.
The next paper was on 症状诊断,体检诊断,心电图。The number of pages to read is actually a whole lot more than the first, but I felt that I could understand and remember the stuff I read better this time. THe attachments really helped a lot. This paper was on the 22nd and it went quite smoothly. I made silly mistakes, careless mistakes of course..but overall, still all right.
Actually, these 2 papers with all the various sections are under one module-诊断学基础 (Western Med) and it gives a total of 200 marks, which will be scaled down to 100 marks. We need 60 marks to pass this exam and 68 marks in average for our core modules to get the bachelor degree. Many of us were wondering if we would fail and were asking when we could re-take the exam. This exam made me realise that Western Medicine should be done in English and Chinese Medicine should be done in Chinese because when it comes to terminology, language matters.
I went to JL's house for dinner that night and it was such a nice family meal. THere were 8 of us, with 5 dishes (Gong bao ji ding, lamb's marrow, tanghoon with mushrooms and tomatoes, broccoli with mushrooms, egg with prawn). We were laughing and talking about 2 ang mohs (aka Spiderman and Batman) they saw at the police station-we were doing a poll to decide who is more handsome. K did her banana dance which was really hilarious. Chatted with JL for a while before taking a tuk tuk home. I had wanted to walk home but JL and SB made sure i took the tuk tuk cos the weather conditions were really bad, like the rain was super heavy and the temperature was really low, and not forgetting the merciless wind. I was glad I took a tuk tuk.
On 25th Oct, I went to PJ's house for dinner. Ha..I get free dinner again. Yay! Before that, I was pia-ing my 病例报告 in school. I had written a draft at home but i didnt dare write on the actual paper provided by the hospital because one, you can only make a maximum of 3 mistakes in every 报告; two, you can use liquid paper or anything equivalent to that; three, there are alignments to be followed; four, you got to re-write if you dont follow the above 3 rules. I re-wrote once in school and that was uber sian diao cos each 报告is around 3 pages long and you got to string up the patient's conditions in proper medical terminology into statements. Most of us left the last section out cause there was simply too much to write and there was not enough time.
After that, Feng U and i went to find Walmart cause D had told me there was one in the area. We combed the entire 蒲黄俞 area but could not find it. In the end, we gave up and went to 物美 and then Carrefour and then went to Feng U's and PJ's house for dinner. PJ was cooking. There were eggs with prawns, dumplings and xiao bai cai soup, cauliflower with hei mu er, lemon chicken. We watched a Hong Kong show while eating..i was so engrossed i didnt want to go home. hee. In the end, Feng U walked me home.