Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, September 02, 2005
SuperStar-Chen Weilian Kelvin!!!
-2:59 PM
Just finished watching Channel U's Superstar show finale on TV and I am soooo happy that Weilian won. Thinking back, I still fondly remember hearing him sing for the first time outside Boon Lay station as a busker. I think I was going to church at that time but got captivated by some person's voice. That was him man, playing the guitar singing and there was this huge crowd around him. Stood there for like dunno how many minutes before donating 2 bucks to him. Well, for buskers, I normally walk right pass, much less donate but this one, at that point, I really really felt that he was very very good, got potential one..
So, when I saw him on superstar again, I was like 'whoa, all right man'! Supported him all the way with other favs like xin hui who looks prettier and prettier(runner-up for gals) and derrick, cause I thought he would make it. True enough he did! haa..my brother and I called in last minute to add some points to him cause the from the show itself, it seemed that kelly was in the lead. No doubt, I must say kelly did out-do him in the finals but I think he is more consistent than her from the start la. Shes consistent too, I tot she was real good in the beginning but I got bored with her after awhile. Maybe the factor that he is visually handicap had a certain effect but I still believe that he can really sing, captivate the hearts of the masses and proof tt it doesnt take a perfect person to be a superstar. Being blind I guess have its own pros despite the obvious cons. I think that since he was born blind, he must have relied a lot on his ears thus giving him super sharp ears to listen to his own voice. Thats good, but its really difficult being blind..its just like me without my contacts and specs, walkin blindly around with my 1000+ on each side pair of naked eyes. yea.. I still love my eyes though and thank God for them ya..
All in all, he won!!!yes!! haha..thank God coz yea, I did pray for him to win it man!! haha..dun tink I am xiao okay..haha..
my new-found idol..
Proof to the world what you can do even if pple think you can't!