Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
F.I.R ROCKS!!!!
-2:51 PM
Seems like eons since I last posted something. Anyway, today is NTU's 50th anniversary so yea, we had HALF DAY off!! Yay!!!Sooo happy, finally got time to catch up on my work and stuff. Stayed in school for the half day until about 530pm. Peijia, Serene and I went to the Quad for the celebration of NTU's 50th anniversary. In the morning, I had already noticed that the carparks near Yunnan Garden had been blocked off, most probably coz the PM-Mr Lee was going to come by that way. A big big truck with the word "Mediacorp" on it was also there. So great was the event that the news people came, even the PM came.
When we arrived at the Quad, there were already many people there. But nonetheless, we found our way to the front area, near the stage. But being the utterly short person I am, I still could not see the people on stage!!! How pissifying..felt like some dwarf amongst many tall towers and giants! Rude ones that can jostle somemore! Anyway, the emcees at the Quad were 4 of our students including celeb Joanne Peh. Diana Ser was doing her emcee thingy too at Yunnan Garden. Mr Lee arrived first at Yunnan Garden with his wife, Dr Tony Tan and the MOE minister-Shanmugaratnam(hope I din get the spelling wrong). President of NTU gave his speech, and then Mr Lee. From the Quad, we had a screen tt enabled us to see everything that was going on in Yunnan Garden. But I must say, at the Quad, despite the giant thingies blowing out cool air at us, it was still heaps heaps stuffy and sticky and SMELLY! argh! Den they pushed us to the sides to make way for the arrival of the PM from Yunnan Garden to the Quad, a walk of about 400m. Hah, first time I saw the president at such close proximity. Then, speeches were made again at the Quad and all that. And Stefanie Sun also made a video clip to wish NTU happy birthday coz she had some prior engagements and couldn make it. Celeb Rui en also came and gave two numbers but I must say, I thought she felt very sian about the whole thing. Had that draggy tone in her voice as if she was dragged to the event. Oh well.
Then aft that, the skies darkened and all the various performances started. The choir was super good, in fact every thing was almost close to perfect! Then, suddenly, there were fireworks!!My all-time fav! love them loads! It was like national day and the colours were so beautiful especially the final burst of the fireworks with the gold sparks flying everywhere!!!soooo spectacular..Thank God for it coz i really wanted to see some fireworks!! Den after that, there were some man-in-black who abseiled down the glass panels of the SBS building...so pro..they were dragging some big poster thingy with them. Then, after a long wait, F.I.R finally arrived. Many rushed to the stage with their cameras and handphones. Some stood on chairs to take photos. F.I.R belted out many favourites and it was simply awesome. They can really sing and play the instruments man. The keyboardist was soooo good! Then there were games where pple were selected to go on stage and compete to see who can sing the highest pitch using one of the F.I.R songs-wo men de ai. Super hilarious. Well...I shant comment here. Ask me and i will tell you..Then posters were thrown as usual to the crowd that was 5000 strong! One of the posters fell onto Peijia but poor girl, she was too short and some guy in front of her snatched it away. Dots.Then it was back to the performance and all..So fun nite just to sing, scream and bob your head with the music.
There was also reception with my favourite caterers-CJS of course. Said it before but will say it again:ITS the BEST caterers you can ever get!
LOVE F.I.R.