Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Saturday, June 18, 2005
mEdicAl Check-Up
-2:47 AM
Today I woke up, slacked around before going for driving at 1pm. Then after my lesson which ended at 2, I walked from lakeside station which by the way is my end-point for driving, to boon lay station. I thought the walking will take about 10-15 minutes so I told Jing that I would meet her at boon lay interchange at 2.15pm. We were going to go for our uni medical check-up together. Boy was I wrong. I estimated the time wrongly or maybe I walked too slowly. Hees. Anyway, I reached the interchange at 2.30pm and walked the longer way to meet Jing. Argh! Should have used my brains more man..
So we got onto 179 and went to NTU. But we got down one stop earlier and had to walk a bit to the medical centre. But it wasn like we even knew where the place was in the first place, despite having gone there of our bioscience challenge in JC2. First, Ntu somehow loves to station their buildings on hills and mountains and they love to torture students by building disgustingly long steep stairs from the base of these hills and mountains, right to the top where the building is. If not, they will have this steep incline which we have to climb. Well, if it was the me in JC, I probably wouldn mind since its like extra training. But now, in the present state I am in, having not exercised in donkey months, the climbing was horrible. Almost killed me. And they don have all their buildings on one hill, they have one building on one hill. So I had to climb up one to get to the medical centre before climbing another to get to the student services centre. These are places ppl normally visit. Dont know why they dont want to station it at some place thats er..more accessible. Oh ya, they should improve their signs as well. Jing and I got lost at some south spine due to their...lack of signs. Ha..
We finally found the centre after dont know how long. JIng just turned her head and saw in big letters " medical centre". Ha..We were in the right building afterall. Just that the place we entered didn link to the centre. There we did our height, weight, eyesight, urine test, and there was a doc there to do some other tests, eg blood pressure etc. I shrank, not that I was tall in the first place. And I put on weight!!HUMMPH! Then after that, we had to head to JP to do our X-ray test in some clinic. We were supposed to go there one hour before the clinic closes which is at five. BUt we reached like a few minutes pass five and they still let us in to do the x-ray. When I was in the room, the radiologist got me to put my hands on my waist and stand infront of this big screen and he pressed my hands that were still on my waist onto the screen. Kind of weird position. Then he said "breathe in and hold your breath." The moment he said, I did it. But he took some time before he came back. So I was there literally stuffed up. Suprised that I could hold so long. Haha.
After that, I went to buy shirrin's prezzie. Got her a belt from 77th street then headed to her house for dinner before going to church with auntie susan and sarah.
oh ya..while Jing and I were leaving the Student Services Centre, we saw this grey thing that fell from a ledge above us. It was a small bird that probably got peck by this bigger bird which just flew to some tree in front of the ledge. That poor small bird was dead when Jing and I went to look at it. Poor thing. Dont know if it died from the attack or from the fall off the ledge. That big bird is seldom seen around. Probably escaped from bird park or something.