Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
daY @ the Science Centre
-2:35 PM
Today my family went to the Singapore Science Centre. It has been ages since I last went there and we went only because my dad had a pass which allowed him to bring 5 people in for free. It saved us about 20 plus bucks. The place had been revamped and renovated. It had many many corners and turnings. I think we didnt finish everything simple due to the lack of time.
I really read the explanations of the stuff that was presented. There were illusions and scientific stuff etc. Reading what I had studied in school was a whole new experience-different from that read from the black and white lecture notes. For the first time in months, I really used my brain for a whole day, trying to figure out how to do certain puzzles, how to look at things from a different perspective, trying to understand what I had just read and piece that together with what I know. After a few hours, I felt a little tired from all that thinking but I kind of like it cause I really like to think a lot a lot of stuff and I wouldn be satisfied until I got an answer for my doubts.Haha.Apart form those factual information, they have many new exhibitions like the marine life where they featured many different fishes, some which I have never seen before. There was this flashlight fish that is supposedly the living creature that gives off the brightest bioluminescence amongst all other organisms. And the light comes from bacteria living in the capillaries just below the eye. The light occurs in flashes, giving other organisms an illusion of its actual location, thus allowing the fish to escape predation fairly easily. The bacteria actually has a symbiotic relationship with the fish. The bacteria through its metabolic reactions gives off the light which lights up the area the fish is in, enabling the fish to search for food easily in darker regions. The fish on the other hand provides nutrients and warmth to the bacteria. Quite interesting right?
Also,there were students there as well in their school uniform. There was a booth mended by two students from BPGH. They allowed us to play with lots of mind-boggling puzzles and since me, my bro and my sis like to play with this kind of stuff, we spent quite some time there. The students looked quite smart and witty to me. I mean, they've got to be otherwise they wouldnt be stationed there. I dont know why they were there to mend the booth. But if its for CIP, I wouldn mind doing it man, cause it allows me to play and think as well. Haha. But too bad, there wasnt such an option during my time I think.
A super enriching experience. Wouldnt mind going again just to view the stuff I have not played with today, apart from the fact that I dont have to pay since I've got the pass.Hehe..maYbe I should visit the zoo or something, just to see their changes.