Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, June 03, 2005
thoUghts.
-5:52 PM
Just finished reading a blog which was set up to commemorate Blenhiem Tan Rikai who has gone to be with the Lord. It showed the daily progress of him while he was fighting for his life in the hospital. Reading it brought 9-10 years ago memories back. The memories of us playing hop-scotch was especially vivid since whenever he meets me, even in sec sch, he would always ask whether my sister still plays with his sister hop-scotch. We were good friends and he was nice to Christie too. Many "ifs" ran through my mind as I continued reading and I was once again angry at myself for being so insensitive when my sister told me that her friend's brother's brain burst while he was sleeping. I had simply brushed it off as I was irritated over another issue. I was angry that I didnt enquire more into the issue, like to find out who the person was. And because of that, I wasnt able to help (donate blood etc.) or at least see him the last time. I wasnt even able to pray for him. Tears which were simply uncontrollable no matter how hard I tried just rolled down my cheeks. The details of emotions in the hospital and finally, at the crematorium will be something no one ever want to go through. While he was fighting for his life in the hospital, fairsians-both current and from previous batches and all Fairfield's staff were engaged in a blood donation drive for him. Prayers were said daily from people all over-in churches of his friends, in Fairfield etc.
Through him, many came to know Christ and accept Him as their Lord and Saviour. Reading the blog really allowed me to sort of experience how it would feel like to have a loved one taken away from me. In the past, when I walk past the numerous funerals held in void decks, I could not really understand the feeling the people there where going through. Now, I can really feel the pain. THis has made me cherish the people I have more and though it is sometimes difficult for me to ta-han some of them, knowing what I will feel without them somehow gives me added strength to tolerate them.
Love and cherish people around you for you never know what will happen the next moment. Live life to its fullest, without regrets.