Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, June 19, 2005
-3:11 AM
heys..I just came back from shopping. Red shell and I shopped the whole of bugis before heading down to orchard for her to get some skirt that she wanted. Anyway, theres this new area in bugis(opp bugis parco) that sells really cheap and nice clothes. And when I say cheap, its really cheap. Skirts are like going for prices like $12.00 and you can bargain with the shop-owners there. Sounds like a night market? Haha. The ground floor looks like one but the second level looks a little like Far East but the most important thing is that the clothes there are really nice. I bought a pair of slippers that look really exotic for ten bucks and a pair of black square earrings for $2.50. I was deliberating super duper long on whether I should buy this really nice halter cum bikini swim wear. Its just 30 bucks but it has an expensive look and looks nicer than what other shops have to offer. Really! I didn buy it in the end for the simple reason: MY PARENTS! I dont wanna get slaughtered by them when I get home especially my mum who will go on and on until my dad gets fed-up and scolds me! Hah. Nvm, I'll think about it again and see how la. Hah. Oh ya, at the same bikini shop, I met Phyllis whos actually win's cousin and jude's friend. Hah. I was waiting for her to finish trying on her bikini without knowing that it was actually her inside. That was until she poked her head out and saw me. Ha.
She was like " have I seen you before?"
Then I went " I think I saw you somewhere before.." Hah.
She said" erm, whats your name ?"
" Christine"
Then I went" whats yours?"
" Phyllis"
Then I went" Oh you are winnie's cousin right?"
Ha..then all of us broke into laughter, including the shop owner called Elaine- super friendly and farnie and entertaining shop owner you can ever meet. Hah.
Then after that, Red shell and I headed towards bugis parco. But before we could do that, we were stopped, or rather, I was stopped by this guy trying to advertise his prudential savings plan. Red shell had already signed on that plan. After talking, I realised that the guy, Jeffery, was a former member of Elim CHurch, from hcjc and had just graduated from NTU Accountancy. Hes like some super senior or something. So I just sat down and listened. Apparently, this is a insurance+savings kind of scheme where one has to fork out a certain amount of money monthly. The interest earned would be 3% each year. Heaps higher than outside bank. The catch is customers have to put their money in for 25 years with the minimum being 70 bucks each month. He calculated for me and I saw that the interest that can be earned is indeed attractive. He said that I could like save some money from my allowance and put it into that. I did think that it was a really good way of helping me save up for the future but I decided that I should consult my dad before I signed anything. So I took the print-outs he gave me with all their policies and rules and regulations and data and all that home. But apparently my dad didn like the scheme. He has three such schemes already installed for the three of us. He did it to make himself save for our education. But if I were to do it, then, when I didn have enough money, I would have to go to him again for money and that sort of eats into money that can be used elsewhere. My dad said that his responsiblity was to bring up the three of us, not bring up us and grandchildren. Hah. Furthermore, he said that, his age of retirement is coming and when I finally step into the workforce, there is no guarantee that I can still have the means to fund this thing and if I dont, the company just eats up whatever that I had put in earlier. Hmms..okay..Sighs, all these insurance and bank loans stuff are really complicated. I am just starting to understand all these things and all their words in small prints etc.