Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, July 01, 2005
-2:38 PM
hey heys..
its been a week since I last posted. Not that I had nothing to post but because I was simply too lazy to do so. Haha. Anyway, I went driving today and perfected my skills and all that. Then I met my dad at clementi DBS bank to settle my tuition loan. The person there took one look at me and asked " you here for the tuition loans?" Ha. They processed my docs real fast man..faster than I thought. THey made me and my dad whos the guarantor sign, photostat our ics and the papers and we're done! Oh ya..this was done at an upper level in clementi DBS. I didn even know that there was an upper level until they led me to it. Sound so sua koo. Haha. But yea..like we were important clients like that. Ha..
THen, my dad and I went to NTUC and bought NOTHING cause he said that the stuff can be bought at a cheaper price at the medicinal shop. So we got out of NTUC and noticed this indonesian guy selling fruits and atapchi and honey outside. My dad, whos always and i mean and stress, ALWAYS, interested in this kind of thing went to take a look. THe indonesian guy sold this orange fruit that is seldom seen in markets nowadays. Actually he sold stuff that i couldn recognise nor name except for mango, chilli, atapchi and honey. My dad conversed with him in malay but after a while my dad couldn understand him and neither could he understand my dad. Haha..One chicken one duck talking.Hha..So my dad like asked the aunties around and another indonesian about the stuff and what they guy was trying to say. Hah..In the end, my dad got that guy to choose the orangy fruits for him since normally sellers know which are the good ones. ANd that guy really choose the nicest ones in the bunch..I could tell. He sold it at 7 for $2(wonder how much can he earn at the rate he sells man) but in the end, he picked 9 for my dad. Ha..Even showed us how to eat it. Then, my dad also bought a bottle of honey from that guy. Its pure honey w/o preservatives and stuff ya. Cost us 6 bucks..was suppose to be 7 but that guy just said 6. Apparently, pure honey is NOT sweet. So yar..
Was a really interesting experience. Like you are in Indonesia for holiday and bargaining with the sellers along the road who sell stuff they grow themselves. Like in a village kind of feeling. Looking at the guy and they way he sold(put all the stuff on a thin mat), I really wonder how much he paid to get to Spore, how much he brought from his home and whether they were enough for him to earn a profit. At the rate he sells his things, without a fixed price and a fixed group of consumers, I dont know. I suddenly felt while watching, a tinge of pity for these people who live in poor conditions and who have to rely on this to earn that bit of money. I feel just so fortunate that I am here with sufficient money. Suddenly, I think I really spend a lot a lot. Maybe I should cut down man...I was pondering over that while I was waiting for my bro. He was going to meet me first while my dad goes to see a doc at the polyclinic. WHile waiting, I was observing that indo person and at the same time, I prayed to GOd to bless him with business and true enough, aunties came to his stall. Hehe..Dunno why, I like to pray for people for their business to be good. I did it also for some shop(s) near my house. Just feel the need to help them..cant stand it when people have sad looks on them, feel so bad for them even if they are just strangers, esp if they come from a poorer nation or background..
THen, my bro came and I bought him lunch at KFC before meeting my dad. Saw many clementi town students..practically flooding the whole KFC. Saw this girl whos same age and was from FMSS as well. Well, looking at the sec school people, I suddenly feel sooo very old. SImply miss my younger days in sec school clothes and rushing down to food outlets.ha..After lunch, we met up with our dad who was waiting for his med. So, to kill time, I dragged my bro to do some shopping with me..Hehe..so much for cutting down on my expenditure..I just reserved another pair of jeans from samuel and kevins..then my sister came along and we all went home...haha