Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Friday, May 13, 2005
bothersome
-3:26 AM
For the first time in a very long time, I had a super hard time washing my face, not to mention the time I took to do so. I had to wear this ugly auntie-looking shower cap to make sure my rebonded hair is not in my face when I wash. Apparently, the hair would go back to its original style if it comes into contact with water. But, the fringe areas still came into contact with water. So...I dont know..
Sis Lucy they all said my hair looks great but Gwen and Kok Sin also said my hair is not straight anymore. I cant believe it. Its just one day and my hair starts to curl. But oh well, I did clip my hair up. I am going again on saturday to get the lady to straighten it again for FREE!!Haha. The lady said I could go back for her to look at it. So nice.
Just finished watching Beyond the Da Vinci code on arts central and the O.C. The former has lots of controversies as many would know. Mel told me about it the other time when I was at HSBC. I had been wanting to read the book ever since I saw LeeTing reading it the other time when we went KBox, but I just couldnt get my hands on it. I want to see the author's point of view though I know whatever he says is crap since its not stated in the bible.
In a nutshell, the show plus what mel told me talks about this holy grail. The holy grail is suppose to hold the blood of Jesus. Conventional theologies believe that the grail is a globlet-like cup. But what the book suggest is that the holy grail is actually mary magdalene whom the book says is actually Jesus's wife. They even suggest that the cup actually symbolises feminity. Mary Magdalene the holy grail cause she holds the blood-line to Jesus since she supposedly conceived a girl named sarah. Supposedly, after the crucifiction, she escaped to Egypt where she raised the girl before bringing the girl to present-day France using a boat without oars. The book says that all these are not found in the Bible cause it was destroyed ages ago by King Constantine or something. Those scripts were kept in secret by some people who in the show wore hoods, exposing their faces partially. One of these people was Leonardo Da Vinci the artist as most people would know. He drew the paintings of Mona Lisa and the last supper. What the book says is that in the last supper, there is an extra hand somewhere and there is someone holding a knife. In addition to that, the person on the left of Jesus in the painting who is supposedly John the apostle is in fact mary magdalene by virtue of the person's feminine outlook. It also questions whether Mona Lisa is smiling in the painting, as if she knows something. All in all, dan brown is trying to say that Leonardo Da Vinci is trying to hint stuff in the secret scripts since those could not be said explicitly in public. To these, I only can say that they are not found in the bible, and are hence not true. Its as simple as that. And to the opposition that says that the evidences to these could have been destroyed or hidden long ago such that they could not be included in the bible, all I can say is that since God has kept the bible which many have wanted to destroy through the ages, He too could have kept and protected and made sure those secret texts were included in the bible if they were real. But since they were not, He could not.
Reading the book and watching the show, I must say requires one to have strong foundations in the faith. Otherwise, one may just become convinced by the numerous proofs and evidences dan brown presents in his argument. In any case, I believe it would be in the best of anyone's interest to pray first before reading or watching. For people who wanna watch it, it will still be on next thurs at 10 pm on arts central.