Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
UPdates!
-9:01 PM
7.Last Sunday,3rd May2009 was the first time in my life wearing a mask on the streets. I've nv worn one in Spore when it was the SARS period but bcos its China and because I go to the international church,and because my friends were wearing,I took one from my friend and wore one too. Esp when there is so much close contact on the ever-squeezy bus. I wonder if there are cases in Beijing cos China is known to not report when they have cases..I dont know.
My form teacher keeps insisting that there is one case confirmed in Singapore but apparently, its just a suspected case that has been cleared. As Singaporeans,we were quite irritated that she kept drumming into us that Singapore has a case when all of us know that it is untrue. She continued saying that we should not fly back to Spore and even if people from Singapore come to visit us, we should try our best not to be in contact with them so much. All of us gave a unanimous 'huh' and she gave a paiseh smile for 1 sec and then gave her but-i'm-correct smile and tone and continued saying that its for our own safety and that if we go back to Spore,being a country with a case,we have to be quarantined for 2wks upon return. We were like!?!?! cos China probably has cases which are not reported considering the flow of human traffic,esp in Beijing and Shanghai. What more, in Singapore, all hospital staffs are on orange alert and NUS medical students have all their hospital electives and overseas electives all cancelled,they are all on 'leave' while we in Beijing still have to go to the hospital everyday and there are no orange or yellow or whatever alerts. Everything is as per normal in Beijing,as if there is no swine flu.
Anyway, my exams are over now,at least for 2months. In 2months,i'll have my final 3 papers and yay,it would be the next year of full-time hospital duties,before I sit for the major final graduation exam the next year. I wonder how that is going to go cos it requires studying everything I've done since year one plus there will be practical examinations!