Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, April 23, 2009
UPdates!
-11:04 PM
3.The Neighbour below.
When the cleaning auntie came to clean up our messy house,she must have moved the hose of the washing machine such that it doesnt drain directly into the sewage system. Because I put my clothes in to the machine to be washed and after it was done, we realise that the kitchen floor was relatively wet. Relatively is the word because I would expect more water than that if the hose was not in its place properly. I actually expect flooding. But no, the floor was just wet, as if we didnt mop our floor after splashing water. So we didnt care much except to put the hose where its suppose to be.
Half an hour later when the house-mate was in the shower and I in my room, someone banged the door of our house (we dont have a doorbell) and I decided to ignore it. The bangs became more persistent and louder and I told the housemate and she said wait for her to come out. The bangs became worse and I told the housemate that I'll go open the door first. I looked through the peep hole and the person outside must have saw that the light through the hole was shut off and said "开门啊,我是住在你们楼下的一位老太太。我又不是土匪。开门。”I said "有什么事吗?“She kept quiet and I didnt open the door and she banged again! So i hid behind the door and opened it and out popped an old lady who scrutinised my face before asking "你是不是日本人?". I went "huh" and said I wasnt.The housemate came out quickly from the toilet thereafter.
SO the old lady decided to come in WITH HER SHOES ON, like only one day after our cleaning auntie came!!! SO she went into our kitchen to analyse it and kept repeating her words and our kitchen floor had like brown water cos it was already wet and now it has stuff from the old lady's shoes!!!I was like !?!!? and so was the housemate. She was saying that her ceiling was leaking water and her kitchen was flooded. And she kept repeating that.The lady then went into the living room and examined our furniture. She was like "为什么你们的摆设是这样?我家和你们的不太一样。我的是..." Honestly, the housemate and I were controlling ourselves from bursting out in laughter. I dont know. We were horrible interrupted by this old lady's entrance into our home,disgusted by the fact that she walks in with her outside shoes(but i think its their practice here to do so) but tickled by her
sampat-ness. She said “你们的屋主是个日本人吧。这家三年没人住了。我半年前回来时(she was away to visit her daughter who is also studying overseas)知道楼上有人,但人不多"。LIKE CAN YOU SEE THE DEGREE OF SAMPAT-NESS? We were so so amused by her. Then she turned to our shoe-rack and said "你们这里住很多人是吗?"and we were trying our best not to laugh cause a minute ago she had just remarked that she knew that there were only a few people living in the house and now she is asking if we have a big household all cos we have a lot of shoes! THen she asked if we were here for business and we said 'huh' and then said we are students. And she said that we looked very cultured. She then talked about the rent and said that she also rented the house for the same price and then a more expensive price and then a cheaper price. She remarked that our house layout is the same as hers and that it should be quite warm cos it faces the sun. THroughout the whole time she kept asking us our nationality which we kind of answered in a round-about manner. She then said that she is Mrs. Lee and that we could call on her anytime.
THe moment we closed the main door after her and I locked the door, we burst out laughing.We dont know whether to be annoyed or amused or what. We didnt know how to react. She was a nice but sampat lady. And we were wondering if she is like a loudspeaker who would tell the whole neighbourhood we flooded her toilet,we are foreigners,we are...
We went back to our rooms but after like 15 minutes, we were rudely interrupted by knocks on our door AGAIN! The housemate got the door this time and said it was 2 guys outside. So we open the door cautiously and it was the security guards who said that the lady downstairs went to them to tell them that her house was leaking and it was cos of us and yada yada and that the 务业,which is the estate management would check on us the next day.