Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, April 23, 2009
UPdates!
-11:30 PM
4. The next day, at 9.00am SHARP, this guy came knocking on our door and we had to get up to open the door. At first we both ignored the knock hoping that whoever was outside would go away but the knock became louder and louder and more persistent. Neighbours were coming out to see what was wrong. How embarrassing! and in came the repair guy from the management.
He said that the management got to know that our house leaked water into the unit below and we said ya. He talked so rudely and said that we'll have to pay for damages incurred. That got me and my housemate really mad. We were telling him that its the infrastructure of the building that is causing the leakage becasue by right, the floor boards should be waterproof and should be of good quality so that water dont seep through. And I said that this is my house, even if i wanted to make my kitchen into the swimming pool, that is seriously my business. And he gave a smirk and sneered and said “你们是哪儿的人?什么材料才是好的你们说?说什么话,两个小.." and he gave that mocking face. My housemate said that her bro was in the buildings line and said that the materials used were not good and the repairman just said that it would be too expensive to build good ones. My first thought was that,oh man, no wonder buildings crash when earthquakes come.And we were arguing with him and he kept asking if we were Chinese. I asked him if it mattered where we were from and he kept quiet,only to ask it 5 mins later again. This time I answered yes while the housemate hesitated. She then said that we are from the South. The hooligan repairman gave a mocking face and sneered and remarked that we are bluffing. I've not been so irritated to this extent for a long time. To me,I still think that I'm Chinese,afterall I'm just 3rd generation PRC. So in that aspect,its not a lie. That repairman sounded like some hooligan by demanding apologies and payment and talking to us in condescending and demeaning manner. Typical PRC that try to get their way by being proud and rude. Both of us wanted to much to kick him in the shin and slap that sneer off his face.
It turned out that the building's floor boards and prob every estate in our run-down area is not waterproof. Maybe the atas town areas are,but not for our district esp when my estate is the best estate in the area already.It was such a simple thing. Just tell us that its not waterproof and we'll noe that we cant leave the floor wet next time. Dont come in and be some act-fierce hooligan that demands payment. PRCs! Tsk*. Money is everything to them. When the hooligan finally left,we were so indignant and started to kick the air. I stamped the floor once and quickly stopped cos our walls and floor boards are hollow. I dont want the old lady coming up, the security guards coming in, neighbours staring and worst still, the hooligan coming in and shooting his mouth off!