Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Sunday, June 17, 2007
old and overdue
-7:17 PM
020607
After the usual exco morning's meeting, I went to meet HB at Church of Singapore. By the time I reach, I was only in time for the woman's workshop. Since I knew pretty much no one else, I went to B1 as told and saw a whole big bunch of children/teens. So, I thought I probably went into the wrong room. But there wasnt any other room around. Upon taking a closer look, did I realise that all those ppl in there were actually FEMALE!! Haha. I thought Woman's Workshop would be ...well...Woman. Haha. Anyway, saw HB and the talk started. It was more of a dialogue thing where the people wrote questions on paper and the speaker answered. The speaker was the wife of a pastor from a church in Western Australia. Apparently, the band from that church, Youth Alive, was also there. And guess what most of the questions were about..and you guessed it...GUYS! I got quite a laugh there but the speaker brought us to the most fundamental issues of being Christian girls. Many issues were tackled and people of varying age groups were somehow catered to. For me, many questions in a way, were answered. But the most drive-home message for me was about HONORING THY PARENTS. How simple yet an important commandment of God which I have failed to obey many times. The presence of the Holy Spirit was so strong amongst us, convicting us, touching us.
After that session, we had a 45 min-60 min break. So, HB and I walked to Bukit Timah Macs to buy food. On our way there, we crossed an over-head bridge. One of the railings had a MONKEY, those you see in McRitchie perched and looking at us. We just laughed and continued walking. On the way back, I was eating my double cheese-burger in one hand, and on my other was my un-opened apple pie. So, we were chatting and crossing that same overhead bridge when two monkeys sprang out of nowhere and blocked our paths. Honestly, I was just about to walk between them when HB shouted that they wanted my cheeseburger. My cheeseburger was only HALF eaten! And I wanted the cheese burger. So, i threw my unopened-still-in-plastic-bag apple pie on the ground, hoping that they will take it and leave us alone but no they didnt!!! They continued to stare like two hungry puppies infront of me.
Then suddenly, not one, two or three...but a whole ENTOURAGE of monkeys jumped onto the bridge. They were from the jungle area behind the bridge. They were all looking at the burger in my hands. And being me, I was afraid that they may jump on me should I take another bite, I quickly threw down my half-eaten burger, grabbed the apple pie, stuffed it in my bag and brisk-walked with HB between the monkeys. I was half-afraid that the monkeys may smell the pie though. As we scurried down the bridge, ahead we saw a group of teenager girls with their Macs and they were squealing and screaming away as food were thrown and girls were running all over the place to get away from the monkeys ASAP! Me and HB were laughing all the way as we went down the steps. There was a girl who ran almost to the road, walked along it to escape the monkeys. I will so not eat when I cross that bridge if I ever do so again! As for what happened to my burger..well..when I threw it, one monkey sprang into action and got it, another took the plastic paper of the burger. I took pics too!!!hee.
Went back to the church for the service. The band played and it was great and all. Message was short and to the point. I left 10 minutes before the end of the service cause I had to go for Meijun's 21st birthday party. Thank God it was at Bukit Batok, so I reached there quite quickly save for the fact that I got lost mid-way while walking around and arrived super sweaty. The guys were long already there. Had loads of fun. We were the last group of friends to leave. She had the surround-sound system and so the guys sang their lungs out despite it being 10+pm. We found out whos the oldest amongst us all and whos the youngest. We flipped through year-books and were trying to spot people we know. ahah. Finally, we left at 11+. I had a great time too! Although these are friends I only got to know a few weeks ago through GV17, haha..we get along quite well and they are super duper fun!
Victor, Yong Yuan, Me, Meijun, Ray, Daniel CT, Kian Sheng
Singing
Yong Yuan singing his Jay Zhou song.
The present. 050607
Today was my stage performance day at ADM auditorium. I sang 'Memory' from the musical The Cats. Everything went on smoothly and I could control my breathing and could hit all the high notes except for my very last note. I could hit it actually cause its the same notes as few of the other notes in the song but being the last note and since I couldnt wait to get off the stage, I didnt hit it as well. The comments given by teacher and the other students were pretty good. Hee.. *head swells* Teacher said I had musicality caused I hit every note despite the music from the PA being too loud. Everyone agreed that I got nice voice..*dances* but teacher said that I wasnt too comfortable with stage singing which is true. And one student realised that my ending note was not as good. But yay! I think I gave it my best shot.
After lesson, we stayed for photos and my friends and I took so many many photos. Haha. We each had our own pic with the girls super act cute and the guys super act cool. Haha. Poses by the girls were taught by the guys..cant believe it. THen we took with Leona and we had one where we jumped into the air. Haha. The last one NG dont know how many times then okay. THen, two of my friends sang "Fa ru xue".
080607
My GV17 group met at Can 2 to wrap-up the presentation which was later on in the day at 1pm. We were supposed to meet at 11am and most were late. After we ate, we ran through the slides and went to ADM building. THe other groups were all occupying the room itself and the room next door. What to do...we just used some chairs behind and went through everything last time. 1pm came and my group was the first to present since we are Accelerando. THe presentations were interesting but since they were presentations and therefore resemble lectures, I started figeting. Plus it was fringging cold in the room! I was getting a splitting headache.
140607
GV17 exam!! Time:0900-1100. Most of my coursemates went out in an hour's time. I also completed around that time. But being typical kiasu me, I checked through, corrected grammer errors, added some stuff. Then I look at the clock and decided its too early to leave although so many have left, moreover, since I heard the pencil box sound behind me, I was sure Sock Hoon was still there so I continued another round of checking. THe next time I lifted my head, 7/8 of my class have left. So, half the time I was deciding NOT on my answers but whether or not to leave. Diao. Cause I have never left earlier than the time allocated for any uni exam. But I left at 1040am. I didnt want to wait till the prof says" You have 15 minutes left, no one is to leave the examination hall." When I went out, a whole group of them were waiting for me. Leqi went"Christine ah..finally come out le ah". Daniel TT said" xie she mo, xie na mo jiu, na mo duo dong xi xie meh?" OPPs. hha..but i expected it liao la cause we had agreed to go Kbox after the exam. hee. People who went: Victor, Yong Yuan, Daniel CT, Daniel TT, Ray, Kian Sheng, Ben, Leqi, Meijun and Me.
After deliberating, we decided to eat at JP before heading to CHinatown for singing. Leqi went to PS to do her thing first, daniel TT went by himself to eat at MOS burger since he din want to eat at Banquet with the rest of us. Meijun and I bought kid's meal Bento from the Jap stall all because we wanted the Yakult drink. Yong Yuan almost fainted when he heard that. Haha. He went"say earlier lah..Yakult 50cents only leh." After that, we went to arcade. So kiddy hor..but hey..its fun okays! hee. Meijun and I wanted to play daytona but the guys went straight to those sit-down-and-use-jockey kind of game. So Meijun and I decided to walk around instead. We went to Jean Yip cause she wanted to pluck her eye-brows. When we went back, the guys were playing Daytona. Haha.
We took mrt to Chinatown and reached Ten dollar family Kbox (name of the shop) at 2pm. Leqi was already there. Walking there was quite fun. THere was this road that we had to cross and for some weird reason, all the guys crossed except Meijun and I. I didnt think they would noticed but all of them turned to look and wait forsu from the opposite side of the road. I was telling Meijun that they think we dont know how to cross road. Haha. THe guys were saying that even the van stopped for the two of us to cross. Diao. Anyway, at the Ten dollar Kbox, we could sing from 2pm to 7pm each for ten bucks, with free-flow of drinks and a bowl of shark-fins (its actually crab-meat) each. I didnt dare sing at first cause I dont know so many songs in their entirety and they were regulars at kbox while I am not. Haha. I wanted to leave earlier after Meijun left, to go Auntie Boon Eng's house for gathering but kiasu-me decided in the end to stay for the "shark-fin". Haha. Although it was 10 people to one big room with comfty sofas, and each din get to sing as much, it was super enjoyable. Yong Yuan's dancing, everyone singing together and crapping and asking for drinks and shark fin's. Hee...
FINALLY I FINISHED MY BACKLOG! hee.