Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Post-Exams, End of life as a student in a classroom, Start of my rounds in the hospital.
-6:01 PM
The exams for year 4 ended last week. I felt so so so drained by the time the first paper was done cos there was so much studying to be done and I wasnt sleeping well through the nights and had to wake up early in the morning to start mugging else I cant finish. And after mugging,all of us had that question in our head - How much of the info do we remember? Haha,I give thanks anyway that everything is over,at least for a while.My class has been taking so many exams so frequently, we didnt have the usual post-exam feeling we normally get in NTU. We are kind of tolerant to papers already. Haha. I really thank God for bringing me through. I thought I wont pull through cos i was getting tired very easily,lost stamina halfway. I cooked the same meal in huge portions so that it would last me for 3-4 meals and though the meals were tasty,they didnt taste that good after eating the same stuff 3-4 times.
After the final paper which was gynaecology, some of us went home to change into our pretty clothes and headed down to Xidan,the town area and shopped!H&M,Zara,Guess etc were all having sales!!But either the size is wrong or it doesn have the colours i want. I only bought a scarf which i like very much from H&M. Sales here are really really much better in Spore cos you seriously cant get anything pretty in Spore sales but you can over here!:)
I was troubled the whole afternoon although i was shopping happily,over the issue of whether I could go for the housemate's church camp.Its just a 2days1night thing in the outskirts of Beijing with a small group of less than 20 people including locals but I've been waiting for such an opportunity for a long time,no one knew except Him. The details of the camp shall be posted up sometime later. But anyhow,right at the last minute, God opened a way and I could make it for the camp which I really really am glad I went for. Really shows that God is never late.
Now,we are having one week of bridging lessons to prepare us for our hospital rounds. We'll be having an exam on friday after this one week thing. Hospital rounds are intimidating. We start our day at 8am,maybe earlier, not knowing when we'll end cos it depends on the patients and the doctors and departments we are attached to. We'll work for 5 days and then rest 1 day and then start another 5 days and rest 1 day and it goes on.I wonder if i can still go church every week.
***
I cant remember if I mentioned in my previous posts but for the past few weeks I've started helping out in the Children's Ministry at my church. Im with the Movers & Shakers and they are of age 4-6. I was apprehensive at first cos I've never really dealt much with kids except for CIP during JC and occasionally with one or two. I really thank God for the opportunity to help though..its a bundle of joy to play with the kids..takes me away from the complexity of this world into somewhere simpler.During the exams,I was afraid and stressed cos I would have to spend time at Sunday School and would not have time to mug but God gave me more time and i was more efficient with my revision! Playing with the kids,telling them about God and just interacting with them took the stress away and I was kind of sad when i had to come back and hit the books again. I really enjoy serving in the children's ministry although er,sometimes i must admit that we are old cos it takes A LOT of energy to keep an eye on 20 plus kids and some naughty ones. My fave kid happens to be a naughty boy..haha,how ironic. I shall post some of their photos some time later.