Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
-2:20 PM
Last friday, I went for EYN and ps daniel ong's family was there. Cassandra and Katrina and Sean gave a special number, following which Sean preached. I liked the way he shared because it was not boring(not that normal ones are boring) and it was really very applicable in my life, in fact, many youths were touched. Hearing the way he spoke, I was like'wow', he is like around my age but everything he shares is really from the heart, when will i ever be able to share that way? I cannot really remember everything but one thing that I remembered was to really to be content and satisfied with my lot, with whatever the Lord has given to me. Many people in the world are unhappy despite having a lot. I mean, even some of the super rich people are unhappy and some, even unsatisfied with their life. Indeed, if we are not content with whatever we have, even if we have the best of everything by world standards, we will still have something to complain about. Earlier, before I reached church, I walked past this girl who is physically and mentally(i think)handicapped. As I walked past her, I suddenly felt so fortunate that, hey, I am blessed in the sense that, i am physically and mentally normal. I am not being condescending or anything but its just that at that moment, I was so thankful to Him for creating me this way and I felt bad for the many times I have grumbled about not having this, and not having that or grumbling and complaining about why life is this and that.
Sean also shared about the many times where we as youths have taken the driver's seat, rather than letting the Lord be the driver of our lives. Many times, its about letting go and not being rash and brash about stuff. He said that whenever we try to plan our lives, many times, it does not work out that way(how true). I really felt that this part of the sermon/sharing was really speaking to me about certain issues that I was/am trying to grapple with at this point of my life(eg.the conflicting nature of my tcm which is part of my coursework and Christianity etc.). I really thank God for answering prayers, answering questions that I did not even formulate but were confused about. I thank Him that everything is under His control and everything will work out well and good in His own timing and plan and purpose.
The will of God will not take you to where the grace of God can't keep you.