Rediscovering Eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am Yours
dailies
Thursday, May 24, 2007
lagging posts
-3:55 PM
TODAYI did not do much today considering the fact that I woke up at 1415. Yes, I know I am a pig but I dont really care since I slog so much during the semester. So there!In the evening, I made my way to Starbucks at City Hall to meet some of my 4A'02 christian friends. It was a gathering initiated by Wesley to pray for the non-Christians in the class. After buying dinner, we made our way to one of the seminar rooms in SMU. It was my FIRST visit to SMU. Uh-oh..exposing my suagu-ness..but its okay. I have all the while wanted to know where on earth SMU is. Yes, I do know that its around City Hall or Plaza Singapura but exactly?? And it doesnt quite help that they do not have a particular location but are like pieces of land lying around. Anyhow, it was quite cool and I was commenting that the place looks like an MRT station control with the machines to scan cards lined up one after another just like that in a normal MRT station.Before I forget, the rooms in SMU are apparently super secure. Once you get out, you cant get in unless you have a card or someone inside opens it for you. Man..haha..I think I literally was going to rip the door apart when I came back from the toilet. Okays..back to business.. We started with Praise and Worship lead by Daniel followed by sharings of how life has been. The people present were Wesley, Daniel, Caleb, Garrick, Gloria, Junjie and Yours truly. The guys shared about life in NS while the girls shared about uni. Then we prayed using prayer pointers Wesley came up with. Just nice, there were 7 points for 7 of us. 1. Ourselves2. Sensitivity and be led by the Holy Spirit3. Outside distractions and things people turn to when problems surface(e.g. clubbing, BGR etc.)4. Receptive heart5. ?6. ?7. Commit, Trust, Faithhmms. I cant remember those two points, so if anyone remembers, must tell me so I can fill in the blanks. As we prayed, I felt refreshed as the Holy Spirit was at work in that small group. I could so sense the Holy Spirit around. Indeed, when two or three are gathered, He is there among us. It has been such a long time since I had this feeling and I really treasure it. It reminded me of MEET, the many meetings we had and the many praying times we had be it in Singapore or China. Miss them man.. I really really treasure such group praying events where the like-minded are gathered for a particular purpose with a common identity in Him. It reminded me once again that we are not the only people on earth; it reminded me that we are commissioned to go forth and share the Gospel with the unbelievers; it reminded me the importance of prayer, something that I have been neglecting for a while cause yes, I pray daily but I need people to push me along sometimes to put my heart and soul into prayer rather than think that I am some superwoman who can do things on her own.19th May
I did not sleep well the whole of night before even though I had flu and cough. As a result, 19th May was a day of cough and flu for me and it did not help that I had a whole day packed ahead of me. Daddy drove me down to Holland Village to meet up with the other exco members for our first meeting. We met at Kaya Kun for breakfast before going to coffeebean for the meeting. Many many issues were discussed. I left at 1340 to go to Church of Singapore for a visit. Daddy came to fetch me after he picked bell up. And due to miscommunication and some form of lateness on my part, I got a big scolding. Oh well...I DID try to come out earlier. Maybe I should just TRY HARDER! Anyhows, I went to Beauty World to wait for Gwen and while waiting, I went to Shop and Save to buy two bottles of Orange Juice. Yes, Vitamin C does work to kill the flu or rather, it boost your immune system to kill that influenza virus(sorry arh..my bio stuff ..hee). Unfortunately, the flu did go away a bit BUT my coughing did increase in intensity and frequency. *bangs head* I should have known better cause its COLD orange juice.
The service was good and stayed for a while for their cell group before leaving for Aranda Country Club at PASIR RIS for Ming Yang's birthday party. Nice place and rooms are quite big. We played mahjong there (game only lah..nv gamble..)and talked and talked and eat and eat. Should have more gatherings in the future as long as they are SUCCESSFUL gatherings.
Yea..photos below..
03S16( Ghostly Anson on the left!)
US again..
Trying out Juudee's Cam+my "bright" idea of using the natural environment as background(hee..romantic wad...)
Da GIRLssss(joanne,weeling,judy,me,weixin)